Thread: ASRock X79 Extreme 4 and Intel i7-3930K runs at 5Ghz

ASRock X79 Extreme 4 and Intel i7-3930K runs at 5Ghz

I used Intel i7-3930K processor on my ASRock X79 Extreme 4 motherboard. Now i found that this processor works at 5GHz on this ASrock motherboard. I used CPU-Z for detecting the speed of the processor during running program on it. Also similar kind of output comes after running prime 95 software. Is this possible after overclocking on it. I already did overclocking on my processor and hence it runs with the 5GHz. Can you describe few advantage as well as disadvantage of this overclocking on it. Is it harmful to my system hardware?? Thanks.

Re: ASRock X79 Extreme 4 and Intel i7-3930K runs at 5Ghz

If you did overclocking on your processor you can able to execute any computing task with an quick manner. after overclocking, computer hardware and specially processor is operating at faster clock-rates. ALso the application running tasks will be execute in fast way. Hence i think you did fantastic job on your CPU. its better for you.

There is possibility to run the 3.2GHz CPU on 5GHz. Its happen because of the overclocking process. This overclocking also works for high configuration based Gaming, Benchmark tests, improving hardware performance with free of cost, and making system to work at full potential. Few of the other advantage also comes after overclocking. For example access internet at high speed, loading applications and playing high level games with default configurations.

There are few disadvantage also being possible after this overclocking with the processor. Few of them are system instability, overheating, and damaging your hardware. hence, i recommend to be careful about the processor and motherboard performance. Few times, it happen that Overclocking decreases the hardware life. You can also use temperature monitoring system for checking the hardware performance. Its better for you to view overclocking result. hence check the temperature of the different hardware devices that presents on your desktop pc. You can then able to detect any upcoming failure problem on it.

Overclocking is not covered by warranty. Any harmful things happens on hardware because of the overclocking is not considered in warranty period. Hence i recommend to you for check your system performance. Its better for you to detct hardware problem. While you can able to use warranty card for fixing or replacing your hardware. Remember this thing.

Thanks for such useful help regarding your comments about pros and cons of overclocking on this type of processors. Now i decided to keep this Intel core i7-3930k processors runs at only 3.6Ghz or near to that. How can i do it?? Can you describe few things related to this maintaining the CPU speed and clock rates. Need help for doing this work.

Lower clock speeds to help run hardware at idling temperatures. So, for doing this process, Change the "Power Schemes" setting in the Power Options control panel to "Always On". This maintaining power setting works to provide suitable power supply to the computer hardware. Which works to run hardware on its own capability. It also works to maintain temperature of the CPu and other hardware devices. This will be work to run your processor at proper stage. We can't sure that processor run only at 3.6GHz speed. Only with the help of this power management we can simply maintain and run speed at proper stage.

After disabling all the C States on CPU may be also works to maintain the CPU speed at its specifics range. It help stabilize OC. Hence i would be say to you for disable such C states and check its output using CPU-Z software. Hope you got desired result on your system.