Thread: Slower Quad-Core AMD Phenom II

Slower Quad-Core AMD Phenom II

I have Quad-Core AMD Phenom II processor which i realized that its very slow compared with other processor. Specially with the core i5 dual core and Pentium Dual CPU. I found its slowness when i compared it with intel processor. Can anyone describe why AMD CPU's are slower than Intel CPU? I need to buy best CPU. Please describe few things about it.

Re: Slower Quad-Core AMD Phenom II

If we compare basic Quad core cpu with intel, intel is best, but same time, AMD is faster speed. While in AMD quad core and core i7, i5, i3 CPU, Intel has fast speed. So, definitely i mention that yes, Quad-Core AMD Phenom II Slower compared with intel processor. So, if you think to buy processor intel core i5 is best.

I used both the processor on my two laptop system. I found result something different. For gaming or single processing, AMD is best while in Intel we can easily do multitasking type of work. Hence, depends upon your work and what task you most of the time prefer on CPU, you choose that CPU. Its better for you to decide CPU on the basis of work you done.

If you think about money, intel core i5 is not good for you. as compared with the Quad-Core AMD Phenom II processors, Intel charge extra money. Reason is obvious Intel has been popular in market. Also users was experience for Phenom 2 series well for large single tasking and intel is best for multitasking.

I check few things about this processors and found that AMD has a 7.2ghz while in same price intel has a 5.52ghz CPU. Thus, if you want to get processor with low price, Quad core AMD Phenom II is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I check few things about this processors and found that AMD has a 7.2ghz while in same price intel has a 5.52ghz CPU. Thus, if you want to get processor with low price, Quad core AMD Phenom II is best.
    I would however agree with the previous poster about the intel core i5 is best for multitasking but while the cost intel charge compared with the AMD is high. There are a couple of serious differences between the two processors. If you read some more details about this processors in this forums, you found such more differences. Last week i buy new quad-core Phenom II X4 975 BE a price of USD 195.99. I don't think that same configuration based AMD quad core processor works with the same price.

A short comparison between AMD Phenom II vs Intel i5, Intel's i5 is a little more faster than its AMD. This Intel also contains 8MB of L3 Cache whereas in AMD 6MB of L3 Cache presents. So, a little compromise is required in this situations. If you think about price, AMD is best but configuration is low compared with Intel. ANd in case of Intel configuration is best but its price is high.

I'd say to go with the AMD. You can overclock your AMD processor. Overclocking works to improve your CPU performance. Then it also capable to perform the multitasking and any other type of complex process on it.

There's no objection for intel core i5 and Pentium Dual are good for multitasking than quad core AMD phenom. While motherboard also makes impact on CPU performance. Hence i say you for check the motherboard you selected for this CPU. Its better for you.