Thread: Medion 8820 not starting up

Medion 8820 not starting up

I have a Medion 8820 which has served me well for nearly 6 years with few problems.
    However, when I powered up the other day. although the digital time & date display on the base unit changed to "POWER ON", I was greeted with an unfamiliar beep, the fans started, but there was an ominous lack of disc noise. The monitor displayed "NO VIDEO" & that was all that happened. When I switched off, the Date & Time display re-appeared on the base unit. I went through this procedure several times. I counted the beeps & think it was:-
    1 Long Beep, 2 Short Beeps
    with this explanation
    “One long beep followed by two short beeps indicates that there has been a checksum error. This means that there is some kind of motherboard issue. Replacing the motherboard should fix this problem.”
    As it looks like I need a new motherboard, I was thinking of a full upgrade with 500 watt PSU, CPU, 1Gb extra memory & a more powerful graphics card so I could play newer games like Black Ops.

Wonder if it worth bothering with a 6 year old PC?
    If not, maybe I’ll just get a new MoBo to revive my Medion & get an Xbox to play games on.
    Any suggestions.

Re: Medion 8820 not starting up

If you are getting beeping noise from the motherboard then there is possibility that RAM is not connected to your computer properly and so you are getting this issue. Just remove the RAM from the slot and reinsert that properly. See if this shows you the same problem.