Thread: Can I replace Intel core 2 Duo with 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processer?

Can I replace Intel core 2 Duo with 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processer?

Can I replace Intel core 2 Duo with 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processer?

Currently I am working with Intel dual core and it is not meeting with my requirement and now I want to upgrade my system and want it to replace it with i7 processor. So my question is if I can assemble i7 processor in my PC.

Re: Can I replace Intel core 2 Duo with 2nd generation Intel Core i7 processer?

As per my knowledge you cannot assemble Core i7 processor by just replacing Intel dual core. Because the motherboard configuration used for dual core is not compatible with the configuration need for i7 processor. Then you need to change the whole motherboard with RAM. In this case it is little bit expensive too.

It is better to upgrade the processor but your jump is too high directly from dual core to i7 processor. If you are having very high work or you are planning to play a high level of game then go for the i7 processor. Otherwise for simple work you can switch to core 2 duo or i3, this is enough for your requirements and it is less expensive also. But you cannot upgrade your dual core with i7 processor in the same motherboard, it will create compatibility issues.

No, you can’t. First of all your mother will reject the processor and other compatibility issues. And if you want to upgrade it to i7 processor that mean you are going to deal with very high work load on your PC like you want to play high level of game or High Definition video, for that you need to upgrade each and every content in your CPU which will cost so high so that you can buy a new system with core2 dual processor. only i7 may cost you approx 20 to 25000 rupees.