Thread: Unable to run RAM above 1600MHz with the AMD FX Bulldozer

Unable to run RAM above 1600MHz with the AMD FX Bulldozer

i see this same problem in many threads. there are lots of people complaining about the same. here i also have the same problem. i cant able to run RAM above 1600MHz with the AMD FX Bulldozer. i tried to search this on many sites but cant get any responce from any site. so please if anyone here has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Unable to run RAM above 1600MHz with the AMD FX Bulldozer

Conquer the world of extreme gaming with the better performing processor from AMD FX Bulldozer processor. With speedy, multi-core technology which accelerates performance, it delivers a great breakthrough in gaming performance. CPU speed: 8 x 3100MHz.

i also searched for the same and somewhere its theysaid that, we can run with high speed RAM but its completly depends on RAM moduls. doing all this is regarded as overclocking by AMD and which is not even sure for the work correctly. if your RAM running at at higher speeds than that will not harm your Memory Controller on the CPU.

here i have some question with this. I had already bought the RAM, I only learned that memory with more than 1333 MHz without overclocking with the new Intel processors (i5, i7, etc.) can be used, but not with AMD processors because of the FSB or so. But now I have been the EGTL. i am not understand all this. so please if anyone has any idea about this than help me.

If your RAM slower than specified (eg, with 1333 MHz instead of 1,600 MHz) can run, you can even exacerbate the latencies, possibly because of the RAM will not run at its maximum and thus a little "air" has (formulated untechnical. So it could well be that it runs at 1,333 MHz with CL = 6 instead of 7, but can not guarantee. It depends on the values that the manufacturer has deposited in the SPD (Serial Presence Detect).

In any case it runs but with the same latencies as at 1600 MHz, ie 7-7-7-24. The voltage will probably also lower. you will probably need to adjust the values in the BIOS manually, because the RAM otherwise only with DDR-3 which is operated in 1066, but this depends on the particular board and BIOS!

my run at 1600 8-8-8-24 with no problem, so here you just have to change the latency. just change itand check if this is usefulfor you or not.

I once heard of it, that when I use the memory speed manually set up to 1600 MHz, so that I will also not given the voltage and the FSB of the CPU increases, which in turn would have an overclocking result of this component. I see that right? When I run the bar at 1600Mhz, then it can only be stable with 8-8-8-24 latencies or higher? Third If I run it on 1333, then they run on CL7 (7-7-7-24) or even lower?

The board can at a standstill much higher RAM frequencies, may e mre than 2000, but I have to then boost the base clock of the CPU in order to achieve this. This is because the CPU and RAM clock are not independent, but true: RAM Clock = CPU Base Clock. The basis for my CPU clock is 133.33 MHz and the multi, I can select in the BIOS, which is a maximum of 6, which is then 6 x 133.33 MHz = 800 MHz real eff = 1600 Mhz.

Here, however, the maximum allowed by the manufacturer must be observed voltage. Run timing with which the latch at different frequencies, you can determine the easiest way you look at the HP either the manufacturer, if the data is there, visible, or your system first with "auto" - Settings can be run and then install CPU-Z, where should this information under "SPD" position.

The RAM modules plug into the slots togetherness. In the Memory QVL are already listed times and the board supports the clock frequency. When the memory controller supports the CPU clock frequency than the maximum, it can use only those over HyperTransport speed. If the connection is negotiated between two endpoints is the fastest common speed.