Thread: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD7 is changing the bios version after boot up

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD7 is changing the bios version after boot up

I am having Gigabyte Z68XP-UD7 and I have noticed that the pc is booting with the different bios, I mean that I am sure that I am having version F9c but then during boot up it shows version F5 and the other thing that I had noticed was that when the pc was booting with the version F5 then I was not able to see other information that the version F9c used to show, I was only able to see the value of the processor and nothing else but then I was not having any problem with it and it used to boot properly. Later to solve it out I had reset the Bios and after that when I made a reboot then I was not getting ant response to the keyboard but then when I did several reboots then it turned out ok and I selected the bios version that I wanted and that is version F9c but when I started the machine after a day than I am having the same problem again. Is there anyone who can help me out to fix this issue permanently?

Re: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD7 is changing the bios version after boot up

I am having Gigabyte Z68XP-UD7 and I have noticed that the pc is booting with the different bios, I mean that I am sure that I am having version F9c but then during boot up it shows version F5 and the other thing that I had noticed was that when the pc was booting with the version F5 then I was not able to see other information that the version F9c used to show, I was only able to see the value of the processor and nothing else but then I was not having any problem with it and it used to boot properly. Later to solve it out I had reset the Bios and after that when I made a reboot then I was not getting ant response to the keyboard but then when I did several reboots then it turned out ok and I selected the bios version that I wanted and that is version F9c but when I started the machine after a day than I am having the same problem again. Is there anyone who can help me out to fix this issue permanently?
    Your problem seems to be really weird but then I will like to know the specification of your system so I can get a better idea about the problem you are facing so just provide the same for further help,.

I am having the following:
    • I7-2600K 4.8 Ghz
    • z68XP-UD7 latest Bios : F9c
    • 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 mhz
    • Gigabyte GTX580 SO running 905 mzh
    • OCZ 1000W psu
    • 1x OCZ 60 Gb SSD sata 3
    • 3x OCZ 120 Gb SSD sata 3
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I think that you will have to sync your both bios and in order to do the same just follow the below steps:
    • Reboot the machine and then enter the BIOS by pressing Del and after that just press f9 when you come across the main screen.
    • After this you will get a new window with mode details of the BIOS versions so now make sure that both of them are listed there and after that close and reboot.
    • Now use the Alt + F12 rather than using the Del key after that your monitor will turn out black and then you will get the following.
    • Press [Enter] to start copying main BIOS to backup BIOS...
    • So just follow the process and after the process is complete both of them will have the same bios version and you will not face the same problem again.

Just check it out and then let me know if you are able to do the same or not. Best of luck.

Hey I am really thankful to you for that solution it has really solved the issue in the first attempt itself it was really a perfect solution for the issue I was facing. I have crossed check it a no of times and now I am getting the same version F9c every time, I just wanted to share that I am having one more problem as well and it is that the pc freezes up when I start it after a long time and I have to do a no of reboots to get it work properly, so is there any solution to solve it out as well or I will have to contact the vendor for the same? Any further help will be appreciated.

If you are under the warranty than I think that you can very well contact the vendor and he will solve it out, I have found a no of similar cases where the pc hangs when it is started after a long time and it starts working well when it is booted a no of times actually rebooting it again and again makes it warm and after that it works fine, I don’t know what is the logic behind that but then if you want to try out some workaround then there are a no of them you can perform.

I can visit the store but then I will like to know if there is any workaround that I can try out because the motherboard that I am using is behind the hoses of the liquid cooling system so it will take time for me to take it out and all, I have tried finding out the cause of the same but then I don’t have much knowledge about it and I am not able to track out the cause as well. I really want to solve it out somehow and if there is a solution for the same then I will really like to know it. Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you should try out the very basic solution first:
    • Turn off the machine and after that disconnect the power cable from the PSU and also flick the switch on the PSU as well.
    • After that take out the 24-pin from the motherboard and after that take out the CMOS battery from the motherboard and then wait for 5 minutes.

After that connect everything again as it was and then turn on the pc, this process actually will boot your machine with the default settings. Just check it out and then let me know if you still have the same issue.

Hey I have done the same but then I don’t think that it is making any difference, I have also searched on the web and I have found some tips as well but then I am not that sure about the same, they are as followed:
    • You should not touch the reset buttons because there are chances that they might load the backup bios.
    • Ensure that the vcore is good in order to have a stable cpu environment.
    • Setting the system agent to a higher value 0.955-0.975 is a better idea

Is there no harm in following this because I have found a no of people who are have mentioned that one should not follow the last two tips.

As far as I know adjusting the bios setting is useful but then I don’t think that the last one which says that the “a higher value 0.955-0.975 is a better idea” I think that staying at the default is much better and you can go to higher values only when you are having the freezing problem again and again, so I won’t suggest you to go for the same as you have said that you have that issue only when you start the pc after a long time. Other than that even I agree to the first tip because the rest button is not that healthy and toughing it again and again can also corrupt the cmos as well

Ok I will keep these things in mind and thanks for helping me out as well, I really appreciate your help.