Thread: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G Rams not working with Gigabyte M68M-S2P Motherboard

Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G Rams not working with Gigabyte M68M-S2P Motherboard

I was willing to upgrade my memory so I have recently bought Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G Rams for the same and it is said to be compatible with the same but then the problem I am facing is that when I am using both of them together than the system is not boot booting up and it only works with either one of them. I don’t know what to do now, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G Rams not working with Gigabyte M68M-S2P Motherboard

I was willing to upgrade my memory so I have recently bought Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G Rams for the same and it is said to be compatible with the same but then the problem I am facing is that when I am using both of them together than the system is not boot booting up and it only works with either one of them. I don’t know what to do now, is there anyone who can help me out??
    I just wanted to know you have any other ram so you can just check out if there is anything worn with the ports and all and also mention the other specification of your system for further help.

Yes prior to the above ones I am also having 2 1GB RAMs and I have checked them as well and they are working fine so I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the two slots on the motherboard, I am having the following:
    • AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ at 2.8GHz
    • Windows 7 32 bit OS
    • Motherboard is Rev 2.3 with latest bios as well
    • Memory setting is set to auto

I will suggest you to check it out first whether the ram that you have bought from the Kingston is compatible with the motherboard or not. In order to do so just visit the Kingston website and find it out. Just check it out and then let me know for further help.

I have crossed check it a couple of times from the same website that you have mentioned in your link and I am very sure that they are compatible with the motherboard I have. I have also found that the ram that I am having is recommended by the motherboard compatibility table on Gigabyte's website as well. If you want then you can cross check it was well. Other than this rams I have also tried to use 2GB Crucial RAMs as well and I have got the same problem with them as well and even they were said to be compatible. I think that there is something wrong with the motherboard but then I am not that sure about it but then I want to solve it out soon. Any further help will be appreciated.

Ok if you are saying so, just provide me your hardware details so I can get more idea about the problem that you are facing,

I am having the following:
    • PSU 300W
    • Samsung SP160N SATA drive
    • TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653l SCSI
    • AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ at 2.8GHz
    • Windows 7 32 bit OS
    • Motherboard is Rev 2.3 with latest bios as well
    • Memory setting is set to auto

I am having the following:

PSU 300W
    Samsung SP160N SATA drive
    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653l SCSI
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ at 2.8GHz
    Windows 7 32 bit OS
    Motherboard is Rev 2.3 with latest bios as well
    Memory setting is set to auto
    I think that the psu that you are having and even though it is new it seems to be on the low powered side, as far as I know the PSU that you are using needs to have minimum 500W. Will you just let me know the make and model of the psu that you are using?