Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R rev1.6 motherboard stuck and displays CPUID patch

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R rev1.6 motherboard stuck and displays CPUID patch

HI, i am using this machine from last couple of months and never ever had any problem with the any of the hardware. but yesterday while I started my computer it showed the motherboard name and BIOS version FB and then it froze for around 30 to 40 seconds.

And once it comes to normal stage it shows "CPUID 000106A5 Patch ID 00000011", any idea what is going on, why the machine used to gets hanged? Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R rev1.6 motherboard stuck and displays CPUID patch

Have you made any changes, hardware changes? Because it seems like the computer used to get stuck whenever we make any changes in the hardware, and i would especially when those newly added hardware doesn’t seem to be matched with the existing one. in other words if i would say you might have added Hard drives, SSD, memory, video card?

Thus if so then i would like to recommend you that you should try to get the hardware detached from the machine and see are you getting the same problem or not. If you get the changes in the performance that surely means the newly added hardware must be causing problem. See the hardware such as graphic card, you should first make sure as you have installed perfect drivers as well in the machine for those hardware.

can you please mentioned the specification of your machine so that I could understand it properly and could assist you in far much better way.

see i am not sure over here but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to test the memory modules you have installed in your machine, because i believes as there could be some problem with the RAM that you have installed only.

If i am not wrong have remembered correctly then the newer version of memtest is the Memtest86+ so you have to simply download the software to your machine and then test the memory and see whether you are getting any error or not.

can you please mentioned the specification of your machine so that i could understand it properly and could assist you in far much better way.
    I know you must be thinking as this should be happening because of the mismatched hardware installed in the machine but still as the extent to i know i have installed almost everything perfectly. anyways see i have mentioned the specification below so that you can get better idea.

Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R rev1.6

CPU: Intel i7 920

RAM: 3x 2GB Corsair 1333Mhz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD5870

And as far as hardware changes are concerned i haven’t made any change in the machine as i am having the hardware which i am using formerly.

as you mentioned like you haven’t made any changes in the hardware but still in theory a hardware is in appalling condition, dysfunctional or otherwise altered. While the BIOS generates a message like CPUID-Patch ID by a check. The CPUID 106A5, it refers to the signature CPUID of processor. The number 106 is related with a core revision of CPU. And if you are sure that all the hardware installed in your machine is working perfectly then surely it might be possible as changes were made to the Bios, you should make all the settings to their default and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

after seeing all this thing if suppose you are still getting the same problem with the machine then it seems like it would be better to get the motherboard tested from any good technician.

In fact it would be better to visit the service center and examine the motherboard and you may get the replacement if there will be any problem. But only if your product will be in the warranty period.