Thread: Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16 GB ram not working in gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16 GB ram not working in gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

I just put this together all the hardware for the machine but i am having problem with the ram i have mentioned in the title. I can't get system to come up if I use memory slots 3_1 and 3_1 per the manual for dual channel. I have set optimized defaults in BIOS as well as ACHI for the controllers and disabled full screen logo. Default memory speed showed 1333 vs 1600 (voltage at 1.5v). thus i would say all the thing that i have done is almost perfectly setup. But still any idea what could be the problem?

Is there any problem with the motherboard? Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16 GB ram not working in gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

whilst i was searching about the same i came to know that the motherboard supports 4 rams at a time but still i am not able to make out what could be the problem in your case.

But still rather than finding glitch in the motherboard i would first suggest you that you should make sure whether the BIOS that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly or not. If suppose you are not getting anything then also it would be better to reinstall the latest BIOS once in the machine and see whether you are able to make use of those ram or not.

Re: Corsair Vengeance 4x4 16 GB ram not working in gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard

according to me you require to ensure that your memory modules are completely alright before worrying about the motherboard as mentioned already by the above user. For that you require to run the test properly. See i have mentioned some instruction for the same that you have to follow exactly.

first you need to download and run the most recent version of Memtest86+ to check your RAM first.

once you completed downloading of the software you need to Insert one stick of memory in slot 1 and run Memtest on it for at least 10 complete loops/cycles and if there are no errors after that swap it over with the next one and carry on until you have checked all modules. Thus see If you have any errors the module is defective. Thus see if there will be any problem with the memory module itself then you can simply change it

hey thanks for the suggestion, and as per your recommendation.. I ran a pair of them for 6 full passes with zero errors. And currently running the other 2 for a while as well with most recent memtest+.

Do I really require to do them all individually? If a pair passed 6 passes shouldn't that mean they are tolerable at this point? or else, this is going to take the rest of the weekend almost certainly if i am not wrong.

hey thanks for the suggestion, and as per your recommendation.. I ran a pair of them for 6 full passes with zero errors. And currently running the other 2 for a while as well with most recent memtest+.

Do I really require to do them all individually? If a pair passed 6 passes shouldn't that mean they are tolerable at this point? or else, this is going to take the rest of the weekend almost certainly if i am not wrong.
    Yeah you are right as this is something painful but still i would say it would be better to determine whether there is any problem with the modules or there is any other problem. In fact after testing them you can at least test the board as well? but if i am not wrong and i have understood the question perfectly so that you wanted to configure the modules in 3_1 and 3_3 or 3_2 and 3_4 slots, am i right?