Thread: How does DVI-D work in gigabyte motherboard?

How does DVI-D work in gigabyte motherboard?

while using DVID as an alternative of messing with core voltage and LLC, can you please let me know when does it kick in? Is DVID always active, at all load values when EIST is enabled that’s regardless of the current step / multiplier, the DVID is applied or is it only applied while the multiplier is in "boost" territory so i can consider it as “> 33x”.

I am having GA-Z68XP-UD3 with i5-2500k installed in my machine and i ma having very difficulty understanding the CPU Core voltages. I have heard that defaults for this CPU are 1.260 vcore. Please let me know how this DVI-D works exactly.

Re: How does DVI-D work in gigabyte motherboard?

i am not getting whether you are talking about the DVI which is actually stands for Digital Video Interface? See as far as i know DVI is a popular form of video interface technology made to maximize the quality of flat panel LCD monitors and modern video graphics cards.

i am not getting whether you are talking about the DVI which is actually stands for Digital Video Interface? See as far as i know DVI is a popular form of video interface technology made to maximize the quality of flat panel LCD monitors and modern video graphics cards.
    Yeah you are right as DVI is the video interface and DVI-D cables are used for direct digital connections among source video and LCD monitors. This offers a quicker, higher-quality image than with analog, due to the nature of the digital format. All video cards originally turn out a digital video signal, which is converted into analog at the VGA output. The analog signal moves to the monitor and is re-converted to a digital signal. DVI-D eradicates the analog conversion procedure and enhances the connection among source and display.

see as far as cables are concern i would say if you are looking for any cable then you should get the DVI-A - High-Res Analog rather than DVI-D you’ll get far much better video quality.

Well, I personally believes as DVID is almost equivalent to Gigabyte Dynamic Vcore. Vcore must be set to normal or else i have heard that DVID will not function any way. Thus you can say All C states and EIST etc have to be enabled. The thought is to 'find' the max Vcore essential for stability. Then 'know' what is the usual CPU voltage abounding by the board's bios. Not something you set but Vcore supplied automatically by board bios. Once you got those values you have to then deduct default Vcore from the Max Vcore required for constancy. This resulting number is inserted as the DVID setting. Thus DVID is NOT a number of arbitrary 0.1 or 0.4 setting but an actual value resolute setting by testing and doing the math.

as far as i know DVI-I just Integrates the ability to plug either a DVI-D cable or a VGA adapter for a inherited monitor. In other words, DVI-D cables do fit into DVI-I outputs on graphics cards. That's the whole idea about it known to me.

I think the above mentioned method is cool way to go about discovering what it required to be... apart from !!

Why does it matter to discover your Vcore first? The fact of the stuff is that you have to examine to discover a Vcore that's steady by upping the Vcore or lowering your multiplier until you discover a steady combo (44x @ 1.304v, eg). What is dissimilarity about discovering that first, and setting DVID based on that, vs. finding a DVID straightly by trial & error just as you would a stable Vcore?

I just don't recognize the emphasis on one vs. the other while they amount to the accurately similar thing, you know?

see i would like to let you guys aware about the definition what i have heard about the DVI-D.

"DVID would only or should only come into play after constancy is reached"

I would say you should Look at it this way, DVID is a original area that all of us are struggling with and it's consequence in constancy. if you had just 6 settings and only on and off then i think there's 36 combinations and i can be reduced to 25 combinations

but since most BIOS are not just on/off ... eg , Vcore and QPI/VTT where there is what ....lets say 70 dissimilar settings each so according to that 4900 combinations and that's just for two. Add just one more and this figure rises exponentially. just being able to pin one figure to a set parameter decreases probable combinations by tens of thousands .... factually as far as i know ! along with that i have also heard that DVID- Gigabyte Dynamic Vcore.