Thread: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3/5/7 BIOS update

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3/5/7 BIOS update

I am looking for bios update for this series of board. I found some links but they are not providing me appropriate download. I am upgrading my system and I have this boards in my mind. Rightnow I am trying to find some better features as it can fit the choices of my upgrades. I have more series of similar boards at my office. I have 3 systems pending to go for the upgrade. Rightnow I have alternative to go for used boards of Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3/5/7 and the tech guy recommended to get a bios update before installing the same. Are there any new updates available for the same.

Re: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3/5/7 BIOS update

I found some direct links of the bios download. It is not necessary to compulsory flash the bios. It depends on your need. If the board is working find then there is no need to flash bios. Anyhow BIOS update is quiet recommended for better working of the motherboard. I had providing you the most latest links which can help you to run fresh updates and fix out old issues in the system.
    GA-990FXA-UD3 BIOS Update
    GA-990FXA-UD5 BIOS Update
    GA-990FXA-UD7

I had used this board. I have a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3. This is a bit lower version but I can give you more better specs information on the same. This board is AMD 990FX chipset. It supports AMD AM3 processors. So if you are also planing to go for a cpu then you can search for this type socket. The board right now supports around 32GB DDR3 Ram which is quiet enough. I am sure you are not going to add 32GB ram on the motherboard. This are good boards. Surely bios updates can improve the performance.

You can get all the drivers and bios from the official website. Just download the same run. For start there is no need to bios update. Gigabyte comes with a update utility which help you to update you bios easily.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 incorporates Ultra Durable 3 technology on AMD platform the AM3 +. The board is better for both low and high end work. It has better overclocking capabilities and this is the place where bios udpates are needed. If you are going for overclocking then you will need to check that the bios is latest and updated so that you can adjust the clock frequency. Or else it is not necessary to go for the same.