Thread: Is CPU temperature responsible for Game lags

Is CPU temperature responsible for Game lags

There is a strange issue with my system and I am not able to figure why this is happening. I own a desktop which is not so old. It is a Compaq desktop with 4GB RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo cpu. I have a gpu also. I installed Battlefield 3 game in the same. The game lags in between sometime and also I face frequent disconnection error when I try to play online. I tried to check the same by playing other game. I installed WOW but the issue of lagging does not disappeared. Does CPU temperature is responsible for the same. I am having doubt on the same. I had checked in BIOS the cpu temperature at that time was on 70. But it remains fluctuating. How to deal with the issue. I had tried to re-install the game a number of time, but that does not looks like a software fault. What are the options I can try out here.

Re: Is CPU temperature resonsible for Game lags

It can be due to temperature drop. Download some cpu monitoring tool like Real Temp. This tool will provide you the actual temperature when you are playing the game and when you are not. Note down the difference. If the cpu temperature goes high that means it heating. You have to check that there is enough ventilation in the system case. There is no dust and the power supply is enough to provide appropriate power to the entire system. It happens in very less cases where the cpu temperature drops. It increasing usually. There can be some kind of application or feature in your system which is doing that. This application limits the cpu availability to avoid overheating or over consumption of the processor. Open up your system case if it is not under warranty and then check out.

Ensure that the heatsink is applied properly. It is should manage a thin film of contact between the processor and the cpu fan. Or else the issue might occur again and again.

It is due to the cpu feature. It is for sure that your cpu is heating up when you are playing game. Current cpu has feature of cutting down the consumption which lowers the temperature. Because if this does not happens the cpu will stop working. Surely the cpu lowers the temperature to protect from crash. The system config looks fine in your case. Battlefield 3 is a high end graphic game which needs better processing power. Check the system that you are not having any kind of utility which does this work. You have to either stop or remove it. I cannot also recommend you to overclock your system, because that can be risky on non compatible processor. You can start troubleshooting this issue by adding up better coolers in your system. You can add up a better cpu fan and cleared out dust from the same. Keep a cpu temp type tool on on the same.

If a cpu goes to 70-80 degree Celsius then it is not really a threat. Because once you stop playing the games, the processor get back on normal. It can be due to the make of cpu. Check your bios and enable cpu boost or some similar settings.

Add up more power to your system. I will recommend you to upgrade your smps. You had not mentioned which power supply you are using right now. It is recommended to have more than 440w if you have a gpu and more if you have multiple gpus. I am sure your system is lacking due to that. Second option leaving the hardware stuff aside you can try updating your video drivers. That can help you much more here. Check for latest video drivers for your gpu and then try back. Disable all those app from the back which eat up your processor. CPU monitoring will not really alone help here. This looks some kind of system feature or fault. You can only find the same after checking out all the options provided in the bios and utility. Also keep a track of fps while playing the game.

I face stuttering issue on my system when I play any game. It doesn't appear on start but when I play it for longer time. Like if I run the game for more than 4hrs the game stutters. It can be due to gpu and I had checked the same. The system he

Heating is a common issue which occurs because of low ventilation, power fan or low power supply. By default the accessories are fixed as per the standard and a user does not need check much in that. Game lagging issue occurs when the system is low configured or when the drivers are outdated. If possible run some benchmarking tools on your system. This benchmarking tool will generate a report based on test criteria. This will help you not only to go for upgrade but also to figure out where the system lacks actually. Try to play more low profile game first.

Re: Is CPU temperature responsible for Game lags

holy apples 70 degrees is crazy high. i would get a good cpu cooler, my amd black edition never goes about 50 when gaming. I would say a freezer pro