Thread: Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x after AMD Phenom II X6 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz and more

Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x after AMD Phenom II X6 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz and more

I used AMD Phenom II X6 1090T CPU on my Asus M5A87 Motherboard in last six month. Two days before i just finished overclokgin on it. Now it works with to 4.0ghz and more. AFter finishing this task successfully i found that the Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x. I need some expert suggestions that works to fix this compelx issue. 1333mhz Pny Ram (2x4gb), Gigabyte GTX 560 OC with H80 cooling system presents on it. 52 C is the maximum load temp of this CPU. Is it a cooling issue or a mobo throttling issue? Need valuable information that fix my issue. Thanks.

re: Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x after AMD Phenom II X6 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz and more

As per you mentioned on the post load temp is being around 52C which is normal on such processors. Hence i don't think that this is cooling issue. In such cases, mostly there is possibility that this is the motherboard problem. You need to check the motherboard performance with your AMD processor. This is best for detecting the real problem.

re: Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x after AMD Phenom II X6 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz and more

In such situation you can simply try to set the FSB rate on it. This is necessary to fix your problem. Try to setting this FSB rate with the help of CMOS setting on BIOS. If possible then just try to lowering the multi and raising the fsb. Try this and check its result. I hope that you got some meaningful help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    In such situation you can simply try to set the FSB rate on it. This is necessary to fix your problem. Try to setting this FSB rate with the help of CMOS setting on BIOS. If possible then just try to lowering the multi and raising the fsb. Try this and check its result. I hope that you got some meaningful help.
    You can also try to make sure the Turbo Boost on AMD Overdrive. Also you need to just test the Cool'nQuiet technology performance on your AMD processor. Cool'n'Quiet is a power saving technology introduced by AMD. It works to fix the problem that is related with your Multiplier. Now almost all the processors works to provide the details information about it. This is well and helps to set proper setting with this AMD phenom series processors. This is well for you.

Changing the RAM voltage with the raising the FSB can also works to fix this problem. You can simply try this process and check its details. Thsi is well for you to fix your complex issue. Use manual here for getting its more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Changing the RAM voltage with the raising the FSB can also works to fix this problem. You can simply try this process and check its details. This is well for you to fix your complex issue. Use manual here for getting its more information.
    Here inserting additional CPU FAN also make impacts on this combinations. You can simply try this and then perform CMOS reset task on your ASUS motherboard. this is well for ignoring the unnecessary type of performance on this amd system. This is well for you.

Re: Multiplier dropping during Prime95 from 20.0x to 4.0x after AMD Phenom II X6 1090T overclocked to 4.0ghz and more

If the multiplier still drops on your amd processor based system, it indicated that mainboard is defective. In such cases, try to repair with the help of asus service center. Expert will do some useful task on them. Replacing this mainboard also makes an effort for solving this complex issue. This is final solutions that definitely works on the ASUS system.