Thread: Stuttering Even at High Framerates since upgrading to a DDR3

Stuttering Even at High Framerates since upgrading to a DDR3

Does anyone notice stuttering even at high framerates. Currently I am experiencing thing problem. The problem started after upgrading to a DDR3 Motherboard and RAM. I don’t think that it is due to the RAM because it has Corsair. At 50fps+ things look great but when it comes below 50fps, I feel it is less than 25fps. Does anyone know about this issue?

Re: Stuttering Even at High Framerates since upgrading to a DDR3

If there is the stuttering, it will reduce the perceived smoothness in tandem with the actual frame rate, and so 30 FPS measured 25 may seem. An important aspect, because - even if 30 FPS is considered an appropriate value to the game - the human eye can perceive differences more than 60 FPS. This is one reason why, in the scaling test of the GPU, we prefer to use test scenarios that produce high frame rates. However, it is impressive that over 40 FPS the micro-stuttering is visible when the workloads are not balanced.

This is because the monitor does not have 200Hz, which is likely to 75Hz or something similar. The monitor simply skips a few pictures at the high fps and is causing the "jerk". This is completely normal. I'm with Kane and Lynch also that the image will stop very briefly, this is more like a shrug as jerky.

In theory, the problem of your system, the heat can be. If it gets too hot, you can slow down processing, as a result, your system slows down. I have experienced with laptops in the past and imagine that new processors can also perform these actions.

I also assume that your CPU with stock cooling so hot, that I do not often with such setups. It seems that the cooler is loose, or the sensor does not measure what you want to measure.

If this is not, I would indeed drivers for your card to look, but also in other drivers. So I've recently been through a Windows network driver was updated, making any movement led to a stuttering PC. I think it's quite a payday, but you have to test each part in itself...

There is nothing to me one, except that you should check to test the RAM in another system. Have you looked in Task Manager to see if a program saturates the system?

My best assumption is get MSI Afterburner or GPUZ down and sees how to behave and the temperatures of GPU and memory clock speeds in load and idle mode. Could be that the card is too hot and lowering the clock speeds.

In my opinion, it is primarily a "problem" of perception. It is strictly speaking not a "problem" because it is totally normal - the FPS are not in sync with the refresh of a monitor, some frames will be transmitted twice. There are very few people are able to recognize that the frames do not come more smoothly if different from the FPS refresh rate, that is when the refresh rate of the monitor above or below. In MultiGPU micro stuttering you have a similar problem, because not all they see. (And even though they are seen much more clearly, than the problem with the refresh rate)

I play Fallout: New Vegas on a reasonable machine. The game usually runs with 70-90 FPS on highest settings if not using vsync. But I hate playing without vsync, because the video tearing is unbearable, so I gave it. Then the FPS stutters, which are at 60, but stabilized the game. This is especially noticeable when it is moved laterally.

The difference is noted in many games very much, but it creates the Frostbyte 2 engine to keep a relatively high minimum FPS, it is therefore hardly drops. Since I also want to play the game according visually appealing, it's enough of me if I'm stable 40 FPS and therefore subjectively a good aiming and weapon have feedback.

Not the graphics card, but probably the main board, especially the current transformer and south-bridge chip are very sensitive to heat. The times have a surplus of heat, remains defective. Would also explain the stutter when moving the mouse.

Meanwhile, I think it might have something to do with the mouse settings, as well as the mouse in the desktop operating jerky in motion.