Thread: How to fix BSOD stop code 124 on Intel Sandy Bridge

How to fix BSOD stop code 124 on Intel Sandy Bridge

I am getting problem like BSOD124 and idle or random BSOD after getting and upgrading to the new processor. I don’t think that it is the issues of upping the Vcore not even the overclock neither the power. Is there any way to prevent it?

Re: How to fix BSOD stop code 124 on Intel Sandy Bridge

Can you ever look in the Event Viewer, which occurred on a fault?
    Subsystem with the corresponding date and time you would have to have a red X and there are important relevant information, which may have triggered the error.

Most likely this is a problem with your memory. Just Googling the error numbers, many results of people who also had errors, and eventually the internal memory as the culprit. As others here have said: Since a new laptop with new memory, it is up to the supplier / manufacturer it for you to solve, this is still just in warranty. And they do so by seeing new memory to send.

The problem is now solved. I have been finally installed a new motherboard. Since I had not had a single blue screen. However, I now have the 32 bit version uploaded. The Windows DVD with integrated SP1, all updates, settings, etc. I've even tinkered.

Intel talks about a "design problem" in the chipsets of the "Intel 6 Series," also called "Cougar Point". This is not the processor but the motherboard. It supports the processing core, such as by organizing the data transfer and controls devices such as hard disk. The affected chipsets are installed in systems with the latest quad-core processor, codenamed "Sandy Bridge". About possible consequences, Intel said first very reluctant. In some cases, can the performance of the SATA ports "with the term" worse and increase the error rate. SATA ports are interfaces that connect to the user devices such as hard drives or DVD drives.

The first cost-effective option would then be to expand the CPU and see if any damage to the socket and / or CPU is detected.

Maybe there are some test programs that can explicitly test both cores individually to function?

Possibly, it could also be solved by a BIOS update

It is not always the same blue screen. There are about three different message types. Sometimes I just fly out of the game. I continue to play that happens then twice more to finally get a blue screen. When I start Windows again play my Intel SSD and Windows crashes completely crazy. Must then start again a second time so that everything is running again.

Memtest is actually a program to expose faulty memory. It is not suitable to detect compatibility issues. I'm guessing here Ram settings wrong. I have installed new memory for me and now full configuration on my board. I also had me realize that even the Prime Blend test, where the memory is badly loaded, no errors were reported, but I get blue screens. So I played a little of the ram settings in bios and now restart the system.

It could be that when your computer suddenly fails, there is shown a BSOD, but only just one second left on, so if you want to find the cause, you must make sure that your BSOD remains.

The problem can be a piece of broken hardware equipment (damaged RAM, motherboard, memory modules bun) or overclocking your CPU too high. I've looked up the STOP code, and are most common problems with those that code. Make sure that your BSOD not showing any file error message. If so, then that file is the interface between the system and all devices via their drivers, so it is indeed a hardware problem, probably due to excessive temperature that produced the error.