Thread: Intel core i7 3930K Overheating at stock speeds

Intel core i7 3930K Overheating at stock speeds

Just got a new i7 3930K as well as a Corsair H100 Cooler for it. I have seated it on Asus X79 Sabertooth. There is slight issue about overheating at stock speeds. Temps sensors shows like that. When the system at idle condition I can read the core temps as 35C and 47C (that’s on core 5 and 4). I don’t think that it’s a huge differ. When system is under heavy condition, on full load it raises to 75C fairly quickly but it won’t stops unless I stop it.
    • Is there anything wrong with my Vcore voltages?
    • Is it the problem with CPU cooler?
    • Is there anything wrong with the CPU itself?
    • Do you think that I have seated the CPU and cooler improperly?

It was the first time I have used the liquid-based cooling system

Re: Intel core i7 3930K Overheating at stock speeds

As I can say that 75C is not too hot. Till 85C it is fine but temps at stocks you might need to worry about a little. It seems to me that the cooler hadn’t configured properly yet otherwise it might be the pump.

Without complete configuration is difficult to say anything...

There are many things you need to consider and check when it comes to the overheating issue, whether it may be the CPU, GPU or memory. You should certain things which are mainly reasons the overheating and they are:
    Properly ventilated houses?
    • Original intel heatsink?
    • Thermal paste applied correctly?
    • Overclocking?

The parameters are so many to understand the causes

At first I thought that maybe something wrong with the thermal paste is OK (might not be distributed anywhere), so I removed the cooler times, wiped away the old paste and then applied a new (Arctic Silver 3). Nevertheless, the CPU is invariably hot.

As far as I know that the Corsair H100 is a liquid cooling system, used for CPUs, manufactured to avoid any problem related to monitoring. When it comes to cooling systems of new generation, we usually refer to liquid-like systems; there are many companies that provide cooling systems are very cheap despite offering excellent performance. The main reason why you prefer the liquid lies in the fact that they are 100% effective, unfortunately this is not simple to assemble and most of the time it takes the user to prefer more traditional cooling systems such as fans.

I'm not on the latest technical state of affairs, But according to my knowledge, the faulty pump. If you believe in the excitation coil of the pump (+ / - note at 12 VDC) determine a resistance value within the measuring range can (infinity), and then you may have a broken conductor, electronics or winding failure. You can test the pump itself to a different power supply separately (without heat exchanger, etc.). Before dismantling the pump, but let the cooling water to the existing lowest point of the cooling system off.

If you believe the power dissipation information from AMD and Intel, then heat these days should really be no problem. Or does it? On one hand, all current processors via one or more heat measuring diodes to monitor so-called hot spots - in case of overheating are thus equal to taken action. Either the power consumption due to reduced protection mechanisms of the processor or the system platform introduces measures to reduce energy demand and reduce heat.

There is difference in performance is inversely proportional to with large air coolers. Idle air ones are a bit 'higher performance, but with large workloads these kits bring out the claws.

If your computer is overheating and the construction is recent, the following suggestions may resolve the problem:
    • Check the fan and heat sink. They are installed correctly?
    • The pins are in the correct position and the heat sink is securely attached to the socket or the motherboard?
    • Are you using the fan or heat sink for the processor recommended "in box"?
    • There is a thermal interface material at the bottom of the heatsink?
    • The Intel heatsinks have a thermal material mounted on them, if you need a thermal interface material (Thermal Interface Material, TIM), and you have an additional processor "in box" still in the warranty period of three years Contact your Intel customer support for the TIM.

Apart from the comments of fanboys think these solutions to air quite effective, except here the price that Corsair was wrong with this solution totally h100, may sell less to be competitive with air systems that offer the same performance, however, are systems better than the air that aggravate pounds weighing on the socket