Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011

Is bad motherboard is a cause of blank screen

My system is not booting. I can see only blank screen. But there is a beep sound when I turn on the pc. I want to know the actual cause. My friend say that the issue is due to the graphic card. I want to find the exact cause here. My board is really old and I was constantly facing bluescreen on that. I think it is gone. How to find whether the board is bad or not.
Old 12-12-2011

For that you have to check each and every hardware removing them one by one. Like removing the connected hardware. Like printer, webcam or a usb hub. If you are able to see the bios screen then the board is not dead. If you are not then you have to see the internal connection. If you have multiple ram remove one of them and check. You can also contact a technician to get more help no it.
Old 15-12-2011

If you have a graphic card then just disconnect your monitor and hook it on the onboard vga connection. If the board is dead or have any problem then you wont be able to see the output. If you can see the bios then it means the gpu is gone. You can try cleaning your system also. I go this issue due to my dead processor. I was not getting any boot signal on that. There is less chances that the board will be dead.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , , , , , ,