Thread: Unable to install any Linux 64-Bit Editions in Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor

Unable to install any Linux 64-Bit Editions in Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor

The title says it all I am not able to install any kind of 64-Bit Editions Linux distributions on the said processor. Do you all have any idea as if what could have gone wrong here. If you all have some help for the same then that would be better for me that’s what I want to say here. In spite of the several attempts that I have done nothing has worked for me. Every time I end up with a error message. Don’t know what’s the problem here. I am waiting for the help. Do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: Unable to install any Linux 64-Bit Editions in Athlon 64 X2 4200+ processor

Quote Originally Posted by Adi.Das View Post
    The title says it all I am not able to install any kind of 64-Bit Editions Linux distributions on the said processor. Do you all have any idea as if what could have gone wrong here. If you all have some help for the same then that would be better for me that’s what I want to say here. In spite of the several attempts that I have done nothing has worked for me. Every time I end up with a error message. Don’t know what’s the problem here. I am waiting for the help. Do reply accordingly on the same.
    You should try out with the specific distro support channel, may be that would work for you. Since I don’t think so there would be any problem with the processor. That’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I have said here. do give it a try for sure.

Have you given a try for the live cd PCLinuxOS if not then do let me know about the same? in fact that would be helpful for you in a lot number of ways. So do give a try for the same that’s what I want to say here.

Dude I have actually tried out with the Ubuntu Live CD 64-Bit Edition but that also is giving me a lot of error. It says that my pc does not support long mode at all. Now what to day what do you all have to say about the same, I am waiting for the response from your side.

Just give a try for the said solution, so what you should be doing is that try with the noapic" option and then try disabling the 2nd core of the same that would be the worthy option for you that’s what I feel here. so hope you did understand what I am saying here.

Now just let me know what kind of error and the sescription of the error that you get while installing the 64 biut programs in that system. Start replying on the same.

Dude even I had the same problem sometime ago and I happened to tweak my BIOS in the memory section data. Reload the default configuration and that worked for me. See that distro will start working for you after then, though slowly at start but it will work progressively for you that’s what I want to say here. So that’s it from my side for you.