Thread: AMD Opteron Optimization result

AMD Opteron Optimization result

I'm going to check the benchmark result of Amd Opteron cluster by the use of High Performance Lapack. does anyone done it before. I have done the benchmark tests of Intel processors before but this is the first time i am doing the AMD processor. What is the optimization result of this CPU?

Re: AMD Opteron Optimization result

The "pure" performance of a processor can be expressed very well on his speed with integers and floating point calculations. Acts as the ultimate and official performance tool for cross-platform comparison, the well-known benchmark suite CPU2006 by SPEC . The CPU2006 test consists of many real applications such as simulations, packer or raytracer. The programs are not finished compiling, but are available as source code. To get the most out of the CPUs that can be used in the CPU2006 benchmark suite any compiler, libraries and operating systems - it can only be documented. The source code can not be changed. CPU2006 checks both the single-threaded performance and the performance of multi-core CPUs and multi-way systems.

The server processor Opteron proposes to 2.0 GHz is a Pentium 4 Northwood 2.8 GHz to almost exactly 24 percent, which amounts to a difference in the per-MHz output of about 70 percent between Pentium 4 and Xeon (!) - mind you in this theoretical benchmark. Of course this should be noted that the Pentium 4 will not be the competitor of the Opteron, it will have to deal primarily with Intel's own Xeon and Itanium server processors second

The Opteron 2384 2.7 GHz - whose existence is also confirmed that - it reached 860 points and is on par with the Xeon E5462 2.8 GHz from the 5400 series with 80 watts. For the test, but AMD had the standard 500-watt power supply of the server from Tyan barebones with a model with 350 watts replaced. This allowed for the test and also documented , but for servers rather impractical.