Thread: Does AMD Athlon 64 3500 compatible to run Windows 7

Does AMD Athlon 64 3500 compatible to run Windows 7

Currently i am using a old motherboard which contain a old socket 939 and in that Athlon 64 3500 (single core). It is neatly configured with other hardware peripherals. There is 80GB HDD and 2GB RAM. I know that fairly cheap computer but it runs well. Now i am thinking about installing Windows 7 in it. How would be the performance if i install so? Should i get all the compatible hardware?

Re: Does AMD Athlon 64 3500 compatible to run Windows 7

I tried, I do not find other updates. the problem is that I found one but it was incompatible with the version of Windows.

It will be seen that this minimum configuration should have a pretty wide range of PC from 2002 to ... today! But the real problem will be the processor, because he does not believe an old P3 with just 1 GHz and 1 GB of RAM will necessarily be the case! Unless you are very patient ... and you are installing Windows 7 only for show!

With the identification capabilities of the processor alone is not enough. Also has the right Windows 7 version you have to use the XP mode. The now free for everyone to test available release candidate version is based on the Ultimate version of the operating system, as it were the upper class model that includes all available features. Most consumer PCs, however, probably comes with the stripped-down and a lot cheaper Home Premium version of Windows 7. But does not dominate the XP mode. So if in future Windows XP will not give up, be on the expensive Pro, Enterprise or Ultimate editions of the same upgrade.

Even if the system just got back into the formal prerequisites, it's still a fair bit configuration level but not necessarily cause problems. The pc is it very slow to perform certain tasks?

See if all drivers are installed by going into the Win7 device manager , checks for one or more yellow exclamation points.

Basically, windows seven was expected as the savior of P4 or Athlon single core. And, precisely, is the next "a lot lighter than Vista," which is highlighted by most. According to some websites were more pessimistic than others, but this is mainly what I have chosen and that is why, I tested on my machine. After it is true that the view of the performance of Vista and since seven this were an "evolution" could be expected to need a monster to run it. Your AMD that was also to be a high-end PC when it was released in view of the graphics card was a must at the time (the same for the P4!). I would also like to have your various performance indices.

I tried yesterday to install Win 7 on an old computer. Unfortunately it had no ACPI support, which is why the Win installation had aborted. If your computer supports something, it would go.

The first thing we must keep in mind are the minimum hardware requirements for installing Microsoft announces Windows 7 32-bit: 1 GHz processor, 1 Gbyte of RAM, 16 GB of free disk space, and support for DirectX 9 graphics and 128 Mbytes of video memory. This latter only if we are to enjoy the new Aero interface. The good news is that new operating system includes support for a vast amount of existing hardware, so in many computers may even all components are detected properly, without a single load or extra controller. To help in this task the tool Microsoft has made Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser , which, once loaded on your PC, allows us to see if any hardware or software component installed you can give us problems with both 32 and 64 bits.

Microsoft has with Windows 7 scaled back the resource requirements, especially compared to Vista. For example, the operating system will require less memory and still be faster - first tests prove this assertion of the software manufacturer. To take advantage of Windows 7, so you need not necessarily new, expensive PC. It even runs on netbooks - that Microsoft has, however, a special version called Starter on offer.