Thread: Unable to support Intel mother board 865 GBF sound card drivers on Vista Ultimate.

Unable to support Intel mother board 865 GBF sound card drivers on Vista Ultimate.

i was previously using windows xp and just to have a try on another windows product, i made an installation of Vista Ultimate of windows. there were no problems in the starting but when i came across sound card , it came to my notice that the operating system didn't supported the sound card.i have 865 GBF sound card . i am unable to locate the drivers for the same. please assist me in this situation.

Re: Unable to support Intel mother board 865 GBF sound card drivers on Vista Ultimate.

i can definitely get in this issue and hope this solution works in your case. if on board sound card is the what you are actually concerning then i came that the board you mentioned has not been validated for Windows Vista and 7 operating system . further . It wont be supported anyway as it is an end of interactive board, and most probably end of life as well.if were using windows xp as operating system then the case would had differed.

Re: Unable to support Intel mother board 865 GBF sound card drivers on Vista Ultimate.

any way, you not need to revise the operating system to windows xp. you can have a try with
    • downloading the onboard sound driver which you mentioned
    • try to extract by making use of Winrar software .
    • by browsing into the extracted folder you should make an attempt to install audio component manually from the device manager .

as it is quite working on windows 7, in my vase there were no audio and graphics other than the remaining drivers. it was on D865GBF. here there was a small file for making an update for the audio after i received Windows update for sound. it was not a huge case to involve in so i preferred to do so. later i found that the audio started working after i made a download and installation of it. there was a sound but not the onboard graphics driver. but that's all which i was concerned of. any way i got the sound.

I don't have an idea if the reverse is always true. and nothing concerned with Vista. according to me , Vista drivers work on Win7. ii also found that there is no Vista driver on Intel's web site still, and no mentioning of Win7 drivers at all. But an any ways Windows update had the driver for Win7. hope it is for vista also as you are looking for.

the other solution to this can be, that you should buy a PCI sound card always, in the case where you are unable to get the Vista driver. make an installation of it and thee will be no problems occurring again in your case.

i think here you are right. i didn't seemed that this can be solved in a matter like this. to fix this issue a simple windows update is required and this solves the issue. i will take a note of this second time and avoid some common mistakes. thanks for your solution.

hey guys, an error message like " No driver found, reboot your computer and try again " is appearing in my case after the whole installation of audio driver. and there seems to be problem in audio not working. by the way i have INTEL P4 GBF 865. also i made installation of the remaining drivers. i made some download possible through some links but was unable to locate it.

i can say that in this case where you are unable to locate the driver , Intel provides a utility called The IntelĀ® Driver Update which enables to keep your system up-to-date.i addition it detects which driver updates are relevant to your computer and then helps you to have a install of them in a very quick manner and with ease. so you should contact the site of Intel for further support.

also in addition to this, i can say here that you should make sure to the Onboard Audio enabled in the Bios.in addition to this make use of Windows SP2.

hi guys, concerning to the window 7 as operating system it was finding something difficult for me. i have by the way 865gbf motherboard installed. and while using setup i installed XP Professional drivers .I made an attempt manually installing graphics drivers as they were not installed, but it didn't installed. later from device_drivers-update driver tab i made a downloadation of Win 2000 drivers and manually made an installation of the graphics drivers. and it came to my surprise after doing this,that there were graphics driver installed on my operating system. all windows display features are finally present on my system.