Thread: Intel DX58SO2 motherboard secondary LAN not working

Intel DX58SO2 motherboard secondary LAN not working

Hi, i have this Intel DX58SO2 motherboard but having problem with the secondary LAN on the board. See i have mentioned the problem below so that you guys can understand it properly and i could have perfect solution for the same.

1) if you disable it in BIOS, the green LED is lighting, yellow LED is off (when network cable is inserted)

2) if you enable it in BIOS, the green LED is lighting, yellow LED is off (when network cable is inserted)
    and the most worst thing is like port does not work, windows says, that no cable is inserted.

Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: Intel DX58SO2 motherboard secondary LAN not working

see according to me there could be some problem with the LAN controller on your board. I'd recommend clearing the event log and loading the BIOS default settings as follows:

• Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.
    • Reset all the customized BIOS settings to its default.

• Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.

• Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

• And then test it once again and see whether you are getting any variation or not.

If suppose you are still having problem with the machine then you should try to reinstall the BIOS. But while doing this you should make sure as you are not installing the same version that you have already installed rather try with the another one that’s the most recent one.

Hey thanks for the suggestions that you have given about the same but still i have already done this thing but still i am not able to get it work however. Thanks anyways.

Hey thanks for the suggestions that you have given about the same but still i have already done this thing but still I am not able to get it work however. Thanks anyways.
    As you have mentioned like you have done almost everything but still this is done by your side but still you can have option to visit the service center once and see what they are saying about the same, because i am quite sure as that’s is the only place from where you can have précised information regarding the glitch you are having. And obviously you could have possibly solution for the same.