Thread: Unable to use 2 modules of 4Gb ram with Intel DH67GDB3 motherboard

Unable to use 2 modules of 4Gb ram with Intel DH67GDB3 motherboard

I have a machine in which i have installed 4 modules of 4 GB ram and running windows 7 64bit operating system but the thing is like i am currently having problems booting up the machine, any idea what could be the problem with the machine over here. Because as the extent to i know the board supports 8GB ram for sure. Anyways any suggestions regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to use 2 modules of 4Gb ram with Intel DH67GDB3 motherboard

Are you having any blue screen of death kind of problem with the machine or simply the machine is not getting started or some other symptoms that have seen ever before?

Because see there could be so many reasons associated with such kind of problems in the machine but it would be better if your mentioned all the things perfectly so that you can simply have better sort of solution for the problems.

Have you ever tested the RAM that you are using in your machine, you should try to put single ram at a time and see whether it is working or not? And then put another one, so that if there will be some problem with any so you can simply get it replaced from the service center.

As you have mentioned like you are running 64-bit operating system, and you have just discovered that there is a trouble going from 4gb to 8gb. This is most likely the result of a bad driver that required be updating, or removed.

Thus you should first try to unplug or simply disconnect everything you do not require to boot the machine. Then, boot, if started, you should begin adding devices back, one at a time, until you determine which is causing the failure. Then, correct the aberrant device by getting the correct driver, or eliminating it entirely.

Though i am agree with the above user but still there could be some problem with the BIOS that you have installed in the machine, thus you should make sure whether the modules that you have installed in the machine is being getting detected in the BIOS or not, and if not then you should try to update the BISO once again and see are you are getting any variation or not. But if suppose still you are not getting the problem resolved then it could be bad memories or the motherboard that you require to replace.

Hey thanks for the suggestion that you have made but still i am pursuing the same issue with the machine and even not getting confirmed as what could be the reason causing such problem. I have tested both of the modules and they are working perfectly, and as far as i know the board also working perfectly. anyways thanks once again.

Hey thanks for the suggestion that you have made but still i am pursuing the same issue with the machine and even not getting confirmed as what could be the reason causing such problem. I have tested both of the modules and they are working perfectly, and as far as i know the board also working perfectly. anyways thanks once again.
    However, you have mentioned like the motherboard is working perfectly but still it would be better if you simply get it test from the authorized service center and see what they are saying about the same. Because see it might be possible as really there could be some problem with the board and not with the RAM.

In fact if the motherboard will be in the warranty period, then all the services from the service center will be given to you for free of cost or else probably you may get replacement as well, if the problem will not be recure able.