Thread: Intel DX58SO motherboard won’t boot with Corsair memory

Intel DX58SO motherboard won’t boot with Corsair memory

Hi, i have recently installed Corsair 6GB TR3X6G1333C9 memory in the machine with the Intel DX58SO motherboard but don’t know what could be the problem as i am not able to boot the machine properly as whenever i do this i used to get the message as mentioned below :

"The system bios has detected unsuccessful POST attempts possible causes include recent changes to BIOS Performance options or recent hardware changes".

I haven’t gotten any such issue ever before and thus i am not sure what could be the problem, any solution for this will be appreciated.

Re: Intel DX58SO motherboard won’t boot with Corsair memory

it might be possible as there could be some problem with any other hardware, so have you installed any other hardware, or have you made any changes in the hardware in your machine?

Because see whenever we make any changes in the hardware in the machine can also cause problem booting up, thus we should always take care about the necessary drivers require for that hardware, thus if you have installed any such hardware then you may have to look at the drivers required for the hardware, thus make sure whether you have installed those drivers or not.

Have you ever overclocked the RAM voltages ever? Because i have done it once but still i have noticed as it runs stably at 1333 mHZ thus if you have done any OC then you should underclock it.

I am no able to get it which hardware is causing the problem over here with your machine but still it might be possible as there could be some problem with the BIOS that you have installed in the machine, thus have you ever tried reinstalling them? If not then i would like to recommend you that you should at least do that once and see whether you are getting the same problem or not. And while installing the BIOS you should also make sure that you are installing the latest once or else again it will be worthless.

according to me modules are 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RASMIN), voltage and they are set at 1.5V. However, you might have to move up voltage and/or QPI/uncore...

Because it seems like these modules require to run at 1.6V+ (for 1333), so you might require to raise QPI/uncore to 1.3. but if suppose you are still having the same problem with the machine then probably this could be because of the bad memory that you might have to replace.

according to me modules are 9-9-9-24 (CL-RCD-RP-RASMIN), voltage and they are set at 1.5V. However, you might have to move up voltage and/or QPI/uncore...

Because it seems like these modules require to run at 1.6V+ (for 1333), so you might require to raise QPI/uncore to 1.3. but if suppose you are still having the same problem with the machine then probably this could be because of the bad memory that you might have to replace.
    I am also thinking about the same, because see i have tried running then with all the possible convenient voltages but still nothing seems to be working over here. Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

See I am sure either there could be some problem with your modules or with the motherboard that you are using, thus it would be better if you simply visit the service center of their respective manufacturers. Because see if you continue using the machine this way can lead to damage other hardware as well in the machine. thus it would be better if you simply get the tested once and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

And if suppose there will be any problem with any particular hardware then surely it will be resolved once after servicing it, and if suppose the problem is not curable then also you will surely get some sort of solution for the same with the replacement of that particular hardware.