Thread: Unable to boot with Intel Desktop motherboard DX58SO2

Unable to boot with Intel Desktop motherboard DX58SO2

I newly bought a DX58SO2 motherboard and I’m having boot problems with it. the problem is very specific and reproducible. Whenever i boot the machine the board powers on and runs for 2 seconds then powers off for 1 second, then powers on again with no boot, all fans running, I then press the Reset button once and the board powers off for one second and powers on again and then boots. And this was just a one situation but in another way, The computer goes into hibernate state and sits that way for 2 or more hours, I click the mouse and the board powers on but hangs with all fans running.

Is there anybody having same problem with the machine? Please let me know what could be the possible solution for this, thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Unable to boot with Intel Desktop motherboard DX58SO2

I have alike troubles to those described over here. It is extremely untrustworthy at startup, but once running is a good machine. anyways see i have mentioned the setting with which the machine runs perfectly rather i would say stably.

• Uncore Multi 24

• Memory Multiplier 12

• 7-8-8-24 2T

• QPI/Uncore Voltage Override 1.1500

• VDram 1.5500

Well, if you have a glance at some of the DX58SO2 motherboard threads over here you'll find that this board does seem to be particular concern to memory. I currently have it rock solid with 6 x 2GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz CL9-9-9 however the memory was SUPPOSED to be CL7-8-7 - however anything faster than 9-9-9 would cause unsteadiness issues. With that said, I do believe that your memory should work fine at 1066MHz or even 1333MHz CL9 regardless of what it is, so the fact that it doesn't is troubling.

See there could be some problem with any incorrect combination of hardware, so can you please mentioned the whole specification you are having installed in your machine?

See there could be some problem with any incorrect combination of hardware, so can you please mentioned the whole specification you are having installed in your machine?
    I was also thinking about the same but still i am sure that the hardware i have installed in the machine is well matched with other one’s.

Specification:

Processor: Intel i7 960
    Ram: 6GB Corsair CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 Vengeance PC12800 DDR3 RAM 3x 2048mb triple channel (listed as CORE i7 on the box it comes in)
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 460 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 (one card only, not running SLI at this time)
    Hard Drive: Seagate ST3320418AS Barracuda Hard Drive 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3G 16MB cache (pluged into SATA port0)
    Power supply: Corsair TX950W Power Supply

Well, i would like to recommend you some of the steps prior to resolve the problem.

1. First you should unplugged SATA hard drive and DVD from motherboard and attempted boot and see whether you are having the same performance or there is any difference over here.

2. After that, as it seems like you have installed more than 1 RAM thus you should try to removed RAM and ran each stick independently.

3. From the BIOS you should turned down the voltage of RAM it and run it with the default at 1.5125v.

have you overclocked the machine ever yet? if so then you should try to simply underclock the machine and see the result, i am sure stability could be the only problem with the machine.

I think there could be some problem with the BIOS installed in your machine, are you sure that you have installed the perfect version? Because see if you are using the older version then also it could cause this kind of problems with the phone.

Thus you should first check whether you have installed perfect BIOS or not. And if not then you should download it first from the products manufacturer’s website and then install, i hope this will surely going to help you.

when i was having the same problem with this board i came to know that this problem was actually because I do a lot of cold starts, and i was not that confirmed with the resolution and that’s why i just contacted the support center people for the same.

Don’t know exactly what could be the problem with the board but still i would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the service center and test the whole board first and see whether there is any problem or not, because if there will be any then you can simply got some sort of solution from there itself and obviously in case of replacement as well. I hope the motherboard that you have must be in the warranty period, because if not then you may have to pay them for the services.