Thread: Intel Desktop Board DX58SO2 restarts

Intel Desktop Board DX58SO2 restarts

I have newly purchased the Intel Desktop Board DX58SO2. It was running well for one month but after that it started getting reboots randomly. When I cold start (start computer after more than 2 hours) my computer reboots. When I start that again then it runs without any problem. This is very weird and I cannot get the solution for this problem. I searched a lot for this but not got proper solution to this. So I am posting this over here and hope that I will get some good and quick replies on this.

Re: Intel Desktop Board DX58SO2 restarts

What you can try is to unplug the SATA hard drive as well as the DVD from it. Once you are done with that then you can try to boot that. See if that shows you the same problem. I am saying you this because one of my friends was also having the same problem and he tried with many of the solutions to get this issue solve but that failed to get him out of the issue. He did the same thing and it booted without any problem. I am telling you this because this could be the SATA hard drive issue.

There is possibility that updating the driver to the latest version will solve the problem that you are facing and this will solve the problem for you.

Do you have more than one RAM module in your system. This is possible that the there is some issue with one of the RAM stick that you are using and you must confir m that first. To do that, just remove all the RAM sticks and then try to check the system with one stick individually and check the smaefor all the sticks. If you find that the problem is only coming with some particular RAM then that is the only reason for this. Just connect rest of the RAM to the system and don’t use the faulty one. In place of that, you can get a new one with the same memory and use that.

It might be possible that the voltage of the RAM is high and that is making this issue. So just enter to the BIOs and from there lower the voltage of the RAM. Don’t lower it by a large voltage, just do a bit change an see if that helps you.

You told that you have bought that recently and so my suggestion to you is to ask the dealer of this and see how he can help you with this. You can also report this to the manufacturer and they will surely help you with this.