Thread: Mouse and keyboard freezes with the msi p67a-gd65

Mouse and keyboard freezes with the msi p67a-gd65

In my computer I have MSI p67a-gd65 motherboard and I am using windows 7 operating system in my computer. all the things were going properly with my computer and suddenly my mouse and keyboard has started giving me problems. now while using computer mouse and keyboard freezes suddenly and then I have to restart the computer to make it work again.

Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Mouse and keyboard freezes with the msi p67a-gd65

I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem by disconnecting the Mouse and keyboard from your computer and after that you have to connect the mouse and keyboard with your computer again and after that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. if you are using USB hub with your computer then you have to remove it from your system and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you are using wireless keyboard and mouse with your computer and you are experiencing this problem randomly in your computer then may be power saving is causing this issue in your system. I will suggest you to first turnoff the power saving settings from USB root hub devices in your computer and then you have to check whether mouse and keyboard freezes with your computer or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to turn off the power saving option in the USB root hub then you have to follow this steps.

First you have to right click on my computer icon in your computer and after that you have to click on the properties. After clicking on the properties you have to click on the hardware tab. Now after that you have to click on the device manager. Now device manger window will open after that you have to click on the USB controllers and expand that. Now in the USB controllers you will find the USB Root hub option. now you have to right click on the USB root hub and then click on the properties and after clicking on the properties you have to select the power management tab and after selecting the power management tab you have to uncheck the allow computer to turnoff this device to save power. After that click on ok and then check whether problem gets solved or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Yes I will suggest you the same many times with the wireless mouse and keyboard this type of problem occurs and that is why we need to change the power settings. I hope after changing the power setting in your system your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

If above solution does not help you then I will suggest you to plug your key board and mouse with different USB port one by one and then check whether same problem occurs or not. if you don’t get the problem with any other USB port in your computer then it means problem is not with the mouse and keyboard but problem is with USB port.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

I will suggest you to disconnect the mouse and keyboard from your computer and after that you have to plug it with another computer and after doing that you have to check whether you are facing the same problem with other computer or not. if you are facing the same problem with other computer also then it means problem is with the mouse or keyboard and if problem does not occur with other computer the there might be something wrong with your system.

You should also try to solve this problem by reinstalling the USB driver in your computer and after reinstalling the USB drivers in your computer you have to check whether same problem occurs or not. I think reinstalling the USB drivers will fix this issue.

If above solution does not fix this issue then if you are still getting the same problem with your mouse and keyboard in your computer then I will first suggest you to give information about full system specification and also post the information about the keyboard and mouse so that I can give you the solution according to that.

I have tried to solve this problem by turning off the power option in my computer and after doing that I was facing the same problem and then I have also tried to solve this problem by connecting the mouse and keyboard with different computer and after connecting it with different PC I didn’t get any issues. My PC configuration is

Motherboard-MSI p67a-gd65
    Processor - Intel i7 2600K
    RAM – corsair 4GB
    I am using Logitech keyboard G110 and Razer Deathadder mouse in my computer.

I will suggest you that you should try to solve this problem by uninstalling the drivers or mouse and keyboard from your computer and after uninstalling the both the drivers you have to disconnect it from your computer and then you have to restart the computer and then you have to connect the keyboard and then it will find it as a new hardware and then install the drivers and do the same with mouse also and then your problem will get solved.

You have mentioned that when you plug the mouse and keyboard with other computer at that time it works fine and that is why I would like to tell you that you should connect the MSI and then you have to tell them about this problem and then they will provide you proper solution regarding this. I think after doing this your problem will get solved

I was also facing the same problem in my computer also and after that I have reinstalled the drivers in my computer but that doesn’t helped me to solve this problem. Now after that I have updated the BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS all the things started working properly. Thank you for helping me.