Thread: Unable to boot MSI P67a-GD65 with over 12GB RAM

Unable to boot MSI P67a-GD65 with over 12GB RAM

I used this MSI P67a-GD65 mainboard and now i found some bugs on it. When i try to insert more than 12GB RAM and boot this mainboard, it won't boot up. Yesterday, i try to boot this system with the 16GB(4*4GB) RAM it won't start. But in same motherboard, if i try to boot it with the 12GB ram, it works well. I need to improve the primary memory of this system. How can i improve this RAM of the system? Need some meaningful solutions to fix this issue. thanks.

Re: Unable to boot MSI P67a-GD65 with over 12GB RAM

In that case, check the RAM memory module you use n this connectivity. I might be think that some bugs presents on one of the memory module on your MSI board.You can check replace the RAM position on this memory bank of motherboard. This will be work to detect problem if something else happen on it. This is well for you to fix any inbuilt problem of the mainborad.

yes, i also think that you need to change all the positions of the 4 bank rank RAM positions on this mainboard. This is well for fixing your complex issue. Try to do this task and check the 4*4GB(14GB) RAM works on your system or not. You can also individually do this task by checking each of the RAM on this slot. This is well for you to identify and fix the RAM connectivity problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    yes, i also think that you need to change all the positions of the 4 bank rank RAM positions on this mainboard. This is well for fixing your complex issue. Try to do this task and check the 4*4GB(14GB) RAM works on your system or not. You can also individually do this task by checking each of the RAM on this slot. This is well for you to identify and fix the RAM connectivity problem.
    The CPU mem controller natively supports DDR3-1333. Hence you need to check that the RAM you use is being compatible with it or something odd. Test the specifications of the RAM that you select for this connectivity. It migth be possibel that this one of the RAM contains DDR3 1600MHz. In such case, you need to replace this with the comaptible RAM. this is well for you.

In such mainboard, DDR2 Memory is not available. I think one of the RAM you use is DDR2 memory based. Hence you need to use only DDR3 RAM memory on it. This is well for you to fix your complex issue. Try this and check its result on your MSI board.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim View Post
    In such mainboard, DDR2 Memory is not available. I think one of the RAM you use is DDR2 memory based. Hence you need to use only DDR3 RAM memory on it. This is well for you to fix your complex issue. Try this and check its result on your MSI board.
    You need to enable Dual channel mode using CMOS setting of the BIOS. It necessary to enable this mode, when the installed memory capacities of both DIMM channels are equal. Try to enable this mode on bios and check that system detects the 16GB (4*4GB)ram on your sytem or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejohn View Post
    You need to enable Dual channel mode using CMOS setting of the BIOS. It necessary to enable this mode, when the installed memory capacities of both DIMM channels are equal. Try to enable this mode on bios and check that system detects the 16GB (4*4GB)ram on your sytem or not.
    Check your DRAM V in the BIOS. If it not set to 1,5V, try to set it properly. This is necessary to get the full advantage of the memory bank presents on your msi board. this is well for you to set the power conenctions and its setting on this mainboard. this power conenctions works to fix your problem.

As per my own experience, i think the msi board you use is being not able to use complete ram module memory bank on it. This is true and you need to avoid it. you can also try to access this 16GB memory on this board by using 2*8GB ram. this is also an alternative way to access 16Gb memory on it. Try this and check its details. Make sure you power down, unplug the computer before doing this task.

Quote Originally Posted by Arun K View Post
    As per my own experience, i think the msi board you use is being not able to use complete ram module memory bank on it. This is true and you need to avoid it. you can also try to access this 16GB memory on this board by using 2*8GB ram. this is also an alternative way to access 16Gb memory on it. Try this and check its details. Make sure you power down, unplug the computer before doing this task.
    There's a known bug presents on this MSI P67a-GD65 mainboard where you cannot use 4 sticks of ram. Hence i would be request to you for don't try to do any bios update or something else kind of task. Its better to access 16Gb memory using 2 8Gb ram sticks on it. Its even best way to get the high memory on it. DDR3 8GB RAM compatible with this MSI mainboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Himalayan View Post
    There's a known bug presents on this MSI P67a-GD65 mainboard where you cannot use 4 sticks of ram. Hence i would be request to you for don't try to do any bios update or something else kind of task. Its better to access 16Gb memory using 2 8Gb ram sticks on it. Its even best way to get the high memory on it. DDR3 8GB RAM compatible with this MSI mainboard.
    Thanks so much for that information. It will really helpful for me. Now i try to use the 2 8GB RAM on it. This is even better for me to fix such memory problem.