Thread: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) is crashing getting Kernel Power-Event ID 41 in Event viewer

MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) is crashing getting Kernel Power-Event ID 41 in Event viewer

as the title of the thread is saying why I am over here. Recently I have installed Windows 7 on the computer. I am having MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) motherboard and installed Windows 7 on the computer. however the system is seems to crashing randomly. As I am looking into the Event Viewer I am getting 'Kernel-Power Event ID 41.
    I have searched on the Google to get the solution but there was nothing available. Let me know if you are having any idea why the above mentioned issue is happening? Any help to get the root cause of the problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) is crashing getting Kernel Power-Event ID 41 in Event viewer

Well I was also facing the same issue which you have stated over here but I have managed to fix the matter of mine. I have simply changed the power settings which was named as EuP 2013 and CPU Phase Control from the SVID to APS. After doing the same there is no crashing so far however if there is any update I will let you know soon.

Re: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) is crashing getting Kernel Power-Event ID 41 in Event viewer

Following are the points to be considered when you are wanted to troubleshoot the above mentioned problem.
    First of all you have to disable the overclocking if you have done the same. second thing which you have to run the memtest on the computer. you have to see that the memory is running at the same speed and it should be configured appropriately. Post the results of the memtest over here and so that I can examine the same so that I can tell you about the further troubleshooting.

I am not sure but there is need of CMOS reset. Well you need to use the following steps.
    • You have to disconnect the computer from the AC power by shut down the computer and remove the power supply.
    • Wait for the couple of minutes and make sure that the capacitors and coils are discharged.
    • After that you have to clear the CMOS by pressing the button which is available behind of the I/O panel.

Now wait for few minutes till the process gets completed.

The above mentioned issue might be happening because of the overheating in the system. So I am suggesting that you should install Everest on the computer. this particular software is the universal solution for home PC. It provides accurate information regarding the memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring.
    So install the above mentioned software and post the screenshot of the same.

After understanding the entire thing I wanted to tell you that there is insufficient power supply which is causing the issue. So you should get another heavy duty PSU and install the same on the computer.

Let me know whether you have installed the version of the drivers. If you have not done the same than I am suggesting that you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and look for the appropriate drivers and install the same on the computer. once you have done you should reboot the computer.

If the none of the above mentioned are failing to work than I recommend that you should contact the technical support team and get the further help on this particular matter.