Thread: Intel Core i5 2500 with MSI P67A-GD55 does not boot

Intel Core i5 2500 with MSI P67A-GD55 does not boot

Following is the computer configuration of the computer of mine.
    Code:
    MSI P67A-GD55
    ATI HD 6870
    500W power supply
    ram Corsair Vengeance Low Profile — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
     Intel Core i5 2500.
    When I am trying to boot the computer I am able to hear three beeps in which the first of is long and rest of the two are short. Let me know why I am facing from the above mentioned issue. Any help to fix the matter of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Intel Core i5 2500 with MSI P67A-GD55 does not boot

Looking at the matter I am asking some important questions which will be helpful to get the plan the troubleshooting issue.
    Do you have tested the board outside of the cabinet? I mean on the non-conducting surface. Also you have to observe the CPU socket for broken pins. Also you have to take care of the thing heatsink of the CPU should not be tightly fixed.

After going through the problem I am suggesting that you should reset the CMOS setting of the motherboard. You need to use the following steps while doing the same.
    • You have to disconnect the AC power by simply shutting down the power button and remove the power cable.
    • You should wait for the couple of minute that the capacitors and coils are discharged.
    • After that you should press the Clear CMOS button which is located at the IO Panel.
    • Wait for the minute so that the CMOS can be cleared.

There could be an issue with the RAM so I recommend that you should try with the other RAM and see what results do you getting after doing the same.

I was also suffering from the same issue which you have stated over here and I have done lots of research work on this particular matter. I have found that the 1 beep long and 2 shorts happens because the motherboard power is turning on and off within the duration of the seconds. So I am suggesting that you should try with the pci-e slot and see whether it is working or not.

If I am not wrong there could be an issue with the power supply which you are using so I recommend that you should borrow another PSU from your friend and install the same on the computer and see what results do you getting.
    In case the computer is running normally than I am suggesting that you should get the new power supply. There are various options are available for PSU in the market.