Thread: Unable to boot Windows 7 on MSI 790GX-G65

Unable to boot Windows 7 on MSI 790GX-G65

I buy this MSI 790GX-G65 mainboard and it will be works well in last six month. Now i found some issues on it. Especially when i try to boot windows 7 on this mainboard, it makes problem and hangs up. I don't know that what should be happen on it. Can anybody explain me the correct way to fix this issue? Last weekend, I already attempted to do some more troubleshooting and updated my BIOS because some minor issues on it. after that it makes such kind of troubles onto it. I hope that many user suggest me helpful information to fix this complex issue. Thanks for any such help.

Re: Unable to boot Windows 7 on MSI 790GX-G65

As per my knowledge, i Suggest you flash back to the previous BIOS and retest. Yes, this downgrade bios version works to fix your problem. for doing this process, you need to get the previous bios version on this system. bios flashing is always risky and its always done at own risk. Hence its better to perform the bios downgrade task on it if you faced problem after bios flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arun K View Post
    As per my knowledge, i Suggest you flash back to the previous BIOS and retest. Yes, this downgrade bios version works to fix your problem. for doing this process, you need to get the previous bios version on this system. bios flashing is always risky and its always done at own risk. Hence its better to perform the bios downgrade task on it if you faced problem after bios flashing.
    You can also try to perform bios hard reset task on it. In this process, try to take away CPU panel of system. Then unplug CMOS battery on MSI mainboard and don't insert it for atleast 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, insert it on proper position and reboot your system. This hard reset bios process works to detect the OS that presents on Secondary system and put it onto the main memory. Try this and check its result on your system. I hope that you got best result after this process.

If you are running your main memory at 1333 clock speed, I suggest you manually set it to 1066. You can do this process on CMOS setting of the BIOS. this will be also beneficial for you to fix such kind of booting task on it. Try this and check its result by try to reboot this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    If you are running your main memory at 1333 clock speed, I suggest you manually set it to 1066. You can do this process on CMOS setting of the BIOS. this will be also beneficial for you to fix such kind of booting task on it. Try this and check its result by try to reboot this system.
    Instead of using this kind of process, you can try to start this system in safe mode. This will be work to fix your problem. Try this with the help of this safe mode. Try spamming the DEL key while the computer is booting. Then Select safe mode option and with the help of this option load only basic drivers on this system. It fix your problem.

If your system starts in safe mdoe, try to run antivirus program on this safe mode. use this antivirus program and remove any existing virus on it. This is works to keep the system as safe. This is well for fixing your complex problem on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim View Post
    If your system starts in safe mdoe, try to run antivirus program on this safe mode. use this antivirus program and remove any existing virus on it. This is works to keep the system as safe. This is well for fixing your complex problem on it.
    If you are logged in to safe mode on your MSI based system, try to perform troubleshooting in safe mode. Widnows 7 in safe mode has been special options that works to perform this troubleshooting task on it. Use such process and check what should be happen on it. This is well for you to fix your complex rebooting issue on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimbya View Post
    If you are logged in to safe mode on your MSI based system, try to perform troubleshooting in safe mode. Widnows 7 in safe mode has been special options that works to perform this troubleshooting task on it. Use such process and check what should be happen on it. This is well for you to fix your complex rebooting issue on it.
    If you already put "Unlock CPU Core" enabled, set it back to Disabled mode. This option is bening necessary to set to disabled mode after finishing this bios upgrade task. This will be help to mainboard to perform the booting and POST task on this system in safe manner. Try this and check what things has been happen on it.

I also faced the similar type of problem on my system. I found that my RAM works at 1600ghz rating. then i set it to the 1300GHz rating. This will be helps to fix issue. Now my system works well without any such kind of issues on it. You can also try this and check what happens on it. This is well for you to fix your complex issues on it.