Thread: Steam games crash on MSI 990FXA-GD80

Steam games crash on MSI 990FXA-GD80

Yesterday i have flashed to the new bios but unluckily my new MSI motherboard makes steam games problem. I have an AMD FX 8120 BD cpu and i want to play steam games on it. one of the most popular game i want to play here is to be space marine. System configuration i used is being as described below:
    • CPU:AMD-FX8120
    • Mainboard:MSI 990FXA-GD80
    • RAM:1GB Kingston 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    • GPU:ATI RADEON HD 4890
    • BIOS:11.6
    • Windows 7 64bit

ANy suggestion that works to fix my complex issue is being really helpful for me. thanks in advance.

Re: Steam games crash on MSI 990FXA-GD80

As per you mentioned that you already perform the bios flashing task on this msi mainboard. In that situations, you need to check that the bios flashing has been performed successfully on it. If it not performed successfully, you need to perform bios reset task on it. You can here use hard reset or soft reset task here. This will be work to fix your complex issue. Try this and check its result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona19 View Post
    As per you mentioned that you already perform the bios flashing task on this msi mainboard. In that situations, you need to check that the bios flashing has been performed successfully on it. If it not performed successfully, you need to perform bios reset task on it. You can here use hard reset or soft reset task here. This will be work to fix your complex issue. Try this and check its result.
    I think after finishing this bios upgrade process, might be your system needs additional grpahics drivers for making proper connectivity with this steam games. You can try to perform the online graphics driver update task. Do this via Device manager. There is an option presents on it. Try this and check its detail information comaptibility with your upgraded bios.

most of the time there is possibility with the games that it unplayable after any such bios flash task. In this situations, you need to definitely perform this graphics driver upgrade process. This is necessary to make collaboration with the new bios version. Try to do this task with using either online or offline process. Here offline means perform use graphics card CD for this connectivity. This is well for fix your complex problem.

There is also necessary to make some changes on the main memory of the system. this is necessary after finishing this bios flash task. Try running your memory at 1333, see what happens. This will be work to make good connection with the system and in result it helps to fix any such kind of problem on this msi system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    There is also necessary to make some changes on the main memory of the system. this is necessary after finishing this bios flash task. Try running your memory at 1333, see what happens. This will be work to make good connection with the system and in result it helps to fix any such kind of problem on this msi system.
    After performing this bios flashed, if game crashes and displays an error message, try to relaunch this games. This is necessary to fix your complex problem on this system. This is well for fix setting of this games. Try this and check that games works well after relaunching it on MSI mainboard.

similar kind of situations happening on my MSI system. I put the latest bios but still the problem remains. Hence finally i use downgrade bios task on it. It helps and in result it works to fix the game crash issue. i used this and solve my query. You can try this and check what things happen on your MSI mainboard. i hope that this will be fix your query.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniee View Post
    similar kind of situations happening on my MSI system. I put the latest bios but still the problem remains. Hence finally i use downgrade bios task on it. It helps and in result it works to fix the game crash issue. i used this and solve my query. You can try this and check what things happen on your MSI mainboard. i hope that this will be fix your query.
    You can also try to Open up your Anti-virus program on this msi system and then clean system if it contains any virus program. It works to remove virus on your system and then might be your steam games able to run on new bios program. This will be work to fix your complex issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sushantbankar View Post
    You can also try to Open up your Anti-virus program on this msi system and then clean system if it contains any virus program. It works to remove virus on your system and then might be your steam games able to run on new bios program. This will be work to fix your complex issue.
    If you done bios flash task on this msi mainboard, try to upgrade the steam games that you used on your system. This upgrade game on such system will be work compatibile with this system. Try to do this task and check the result on it. This will be work to fix your complex issue on it. Steam games upgrade task can be perform usign the steam site and game that you installed on this system. This will be surely fix your problem.

It crashes on me the same way. Sounds like the download might be corrupted. But the games works well before this bios flash task. Then simply i used game re installation task on it. I already takes backup of this game setup files. This time, it helpful for me. You can also use this type of process on your system and perform re-installation task on it. That's it.