Thread: Memtest fails on MSI 870S-G54 motherboard with 4GB memory sticks

Memtest fails on MSI 870S-G54 motherboard with 4GB memory sticks

It seems to me that i cannot run the system using MSI 870S-G54 motherboard. Other than this the Memtest86+ also reports errors on both memory sticks. I have two 4GB corsair sticks. Do you think that i am suffering from the compatible issues. The model is Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM kit, 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1333C9. Do you think that this memory listed in the motherboard compatibility list. I dont think that it is a defective as it is a new.

Re: Memtest fails on MSI 870S-G54 motherboard with 4GB memory sticks

This may well be, however, is not that simple unfortunately. The memory controller sits in the CPU and is not part of the board. This ultimately means that you have four factors that are related to each other here (memory, CPU, board, BIOS).

As for your memory: If you have both bolts installed, go into BIOS and change the times at 2T Command Rate of 1T. Then show whether in terms of stability remains the same. You can find this option in the Cell Menu and Advanced DRAM Configuration near the bottom. There are two versions: memtest86 and memtest86 + . Only the latter version supports your system adequately. That the first Version has to do is hang up first to do with a possible system error. This is the tool itself

Only under the condition that you can find a setting option for the subject of RAM, at the Memtest error-free runs. Otherwise, something is up. Cause may not necessarily be only the RAM, which can also be a cheap power supply or an onboard stabilization, which runs on the edge of their possibilities. Things like the system and CPU temperature You have probably checked.

First, I can reassure everyone, the message of Memtest86 relates the unexpected Halting the program routine is NOT a hardware failure of a computer component, but is founded in "MemTest" itself . You should know, Memtest86 is also rather less than the program, because as a program routine that does nothing more than inside an infinite loop after a certain algorithm to describe the memory cells, they re-read and verify them, no more, that's all . It has the program routine to be Memtest86terminates in two ways, once the ESC command (default), or via a "Software Interrupt - Halting" (normal).

My computer runs for a long time suddenly no longer high. My MSI motherboard displays with its diagnostic LEDs that it tests the memory, but the screen stays black, what surprises me, because I've always thought that the memory test takes place at high count displayed by the BIOS. Have all been removed and replaced including power supply and so on down to the store because I unfortunately do not know with DDR-Ram. It is not the characteristic squeak, as is usual with a broken memory. The computer is not interested, if no Graphic card is installed, but only beeps when the memory module is missing. What is also strange sher is that the computer turns on by itself sometimes.

Diagnose possible failures of a motherboard (Motherboard) is quite difficult because they are enough things that may be causing the malfunction.

To have successfully passed the Memtest, several factors must be met.

• First The computer must have standard operating temperature (after about 1-2 hours) so that the disk is in a stable temperature environment.
    • Second You may remove all the additional components (network card, SCSI controller, USB2 adapter, etc.)
    • Third Steles sure the (inappropriate) hardware components are not overclocked, otherwise there may be little chance for a stable result.
    • 4th You may shop in the mainboard BIOS the "failsicher" setting.
    • 5th Does Memtest86 (+) error, you stay calm, because 99% is the problem then the EEPROM, the RAM module. - This can often be quick / easy fix.

Which Windows you've got? Please post your Windows version times please include service pack details!

Otherwise I would have tried to reinstall OR the latest chipset drivers installed!

What CPU do you have?

The most important thing to me is that my board is stable and that with a reasonably satisfactory pace. As you can see below, I have not to exhaust even the best memory for the fastest speeds. But at least run my Corsair overclock completely stable despite various parts of the system (and faster are too expensive).

• Somehow I did not understand the feeling of the people here is the one forum, and I volunteer here in the "free" forum resident. The Memtest as error recognition can have many causes. Memtest is not just the newest tool I know.
    • Even such a tool is limited to a certain degree of compatibility.
    • Perhaps it is so that the chipset is not enough Memtest "knows".
    • Perhaps knows memtest the memory, or to their internal latency is not enough.
    • If the board or the system running properly, then there is honestly looking at now, after an error, the "fact" does not exist. Incidentally, a certain error tolerance in Memtest is perfectly normal.