Thread: SLI will not enable in Msi Z68-GD65 (B3)

SLI will not enable in Msi Z68-GD65 (B3)

hey all, i am having the new Msi Z68-GD65 (B3)motherboard and with this this i am also having two gtx 570's, wich work fine in sli on different board. after i tried with installing the nvidia driver, I go to the option to enable Sli and then click on it and hit apply at that time i get that driver just ends up crashing and disabling the driver. and this is not going to enable again. for resolving this, i have to try with teh reinstall the driver. why this is happening wiht me??? can here anyone suggest me some reason for that and also reply me back if here anyone haev the sugggestion for this. and also let me tell you here that except that all other things are workig very fine.

Re: SLI will not enable in Msi Z68-GD65 (B3)

OK if you are getting that type of the problem than at that time i am sure that yyou are using the SLI bridge, am i right? and here since you are saying that you are getting this problem only wiht the Sli then i think that there must be some problem related with the SLi slot of your board. i think that for resolving this type of the problem you will need to try with contactign with the MSI to get the support in this.

hey dude, if you are getting that type of the problem then for resolving that try with the new bios, older drivers, clearing the cmos, reinstalling windows. try with this all and i am sure that after doingt his all, you will not get the same problem again.

yes, i tried with the
    • new bios
    • older drivers,
    • clearing the cmos,
    • reinstalling windows,

but still after that all i am getting that this is not working for me. and also for making sure about this problem i tried with the two 6870's in crossfire from a friend and at that time i get that this is working very fine with this. has anyone else also having the same problem with this type of the board??? if yes then please reply me back for this, and any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

OK, can you tell me back that when you clicked on enabling SLI in nVidia control panel, at that time do you end any error message or it just went bonkers?? reply me back for this. whit this, i will try with helping you.

Yes, for the same reason, i tried with using the 3 different ones but with that all also i am getting the same problem. thanks for teh suggestion in my case. for resolving this i also tried with the contacting the Customer support and they ent me a beta bios, when i try wiht hat at that time i get that also not working for me, i have tried everything I know to do. please tell me back here if anyone else is also having this type of the problem with the pci express 3.0 chipset. and also Customer suppor have told me that for helping me they are going for test a different board, same model, and if they found the suggestion for this then they wil reply me back for this.

HI dude, let me tel you here that i am also having same problem and for resolving this have tried with the so many of the suggestion but nothing helps me for resolving this problem. and let me tel you here that i am having MSI 460 GTX with the z68a-gd65 (G3) MB. someone have told me about

• try with other SLI bridge
    • try with DVI in different slots,
    • HDMI on both cards

i tried with this but stil i get that this is not working for me. for you also i will say to try with teh same and hope that this will help in your case. reply me back if this helps you.
    I am having the same exact problem. I have searched forum after forum all day with no help. A lot of people having the same issues. I have tried the latest drivers and the latest beta driver for BF3. When I click apply to enable SLI screen blacks out temporarily and comes back at 800x600 res and I have to reinstall drivers to go back to normal.

Ok, but have you tried with the place back the 8800GT cards and enable SLI with the new drivers??? if not then try with this, i am sure that at that time you will not get the same problem.

YEs, i have also tried with doing that things but still same things happens to me. thanks for the suggestion,. anyone else with the other sufggestion??

Hey all, i am also havign the same problem and for resolvign this i have also tried wirth the latest drivers(285.62 or 285.89 beta) but still after this all Windows show me to turn on SLI via popup in bottom right corner. and when i am trying with click Maximize 3D Performance at that time same things happens as and for resolving this, i have to reinstall drivers to go back to normal. what can i do for this??? please reply us abobt the suggestion in this case, i am having folowing specs of my PC::

• CPU : Intel i7 2600k
    • Mobo: Asus p8p67 pro (b3)
    • Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x2 g.b.
    • Gpu : Msi gtx 560ti Twin Frozer 1g.b x 2
    • Psu: Cooler master 850 W real power
    • Storage : 1 TB WD Black Sata3 (6Gbs) , 2TB WD Green Sata (3Gbs)
    • Monitor : Alienware 3d aw2310 (1920x1080),
    • Keyboard & Mice : Logiteck Z200 kit.
    • O.S: Windows 7 x64

in your case, i will say that the main thing is to test that SLI is working fine with other cards using the same driver or not??

• try with other SLI bridge
    • try with DVI in different slots,
    • HDMI on both cards
    Hey, Pamina thanks for this steps. i tried with doing that and now i am getting that this is working fine for me. And now i can enable SLI in Msi Z68-GD65 (B3)