Thread: With Corsair Dominator 6Gb RAM computer crashes if the XMP memory is enabled

With Corsair Dominator 6Gb RAM computer crashes if the XMP memory is enabled

This is new on for me and that I don’t grasp what to try to however once I enable the xmp setting within the BIOS my pc crashes soon when it reboots. when the pc boots into windows the arduous drive makes additional noise. once I attempt to play the Witcher it crashes the pc. The RAM that I actually have keeps on defaulting to 1060mhz when it's rated for 1600. The RAM is within the right slots on the motherboard. Is there anyone who will facilitate me on this I might be extremely glad to grasp this thanks

Re: With Corsair Dominator 6Gb RAM computer crashes if the XMP memory is enabled

I have precisely the same downside my pc having random crashes where the system simply shuts down unexpectedly. we've contemporary installs of Windows seven final x64. This memory is nice quality RAM from Corsair, however it ought to be running at one.35V and at 1600MHz not positive why CPU-Z is telling me it's 668.7MHz as i'm pretty positive BIOS tells me 1333MHz . I tend to are running Prime95 torture tests to worry the systems and monitoring the temps using RealTemp three.60. the huge Thermalright coolers are preventing the CPU core temps from going higher than regarding fifty five degrees C at full load, therefore temps are not a problem. Crashes happened randomly, at full load or not at full load. means I actually have return to the conclusion of XMP being the matter is that in a trial to urge stability, I loaded failsafe BIOS settings that removes the XMP profile therefore the solely factor that to this point appears to own helped is disabling the XMP profile of the memory in BIOS and have it running at 1333MHz instead of its default 1600MHz.

So is there anyone here will assist me on this i might love to grasp regarding this thanks

Re: With Corsair Dominator 6Gb RAM computer crashes if the XMP memory is enabled

What's in all probability happening is that enabling the XMP profile causes the bottom clock (BCLK) to be raised higher than the quality 133MHz so as to achieve the 1600MHz RAM speed. once you enable the XMP profile in your BIOS is that the BCLK being set to a worth above 133MHz? essentially if that's what the XMP profile is doing then your CPU is being overclocked as a aspect impact of the XMP profile, inflicting it to become unstable which might cause BSODs.

That is one nice build i believe i would will assist you on this you'd be in all probability be happier with Optimized default then disable XMP manually. load all memory timings and voltage manually and claw back total management this has helped countless folks in system stability as you've got three systems displaying a similar downside yes it's most actually a con-fig issue was the memory purchased as matched kits and 2 out of curiosity where they on the compatibility table on the gigabyte or Corsair web site .f you get some BSOD codes to figure with all the higher .just reply me back your progress on this I

Look like the It appears that when doing the oc, you need to unharness the memory timing.Use timing JDEC. visit CPUID Cpu-z . SPD Tab. you discover a additional timing but 9-9-924 or with this timing however completely different voltage, like 1.5volt. And not use effectively XMP profile, if you favor. Or else if you want keep XMP Profile, Adjust voltage the ram to one.5 in bios.

I must have an odd motherboard then, as once I set my XMP profile for my 1600mhz ram running all half-dozen sticks, it did not bit my bclk. Mine stayed at 133.33 the complete time. I do in fact OC it anyways, however that is beside the purpose. If you default your bios, the go to your settings tab, simply modification your AI overclock to manual, set your xmp profile, and reboot. you ought to see no modification in your bclk, and your ram can suits 1600mhz. unless you've got a foul stick.

My build is made with Gigabyte UD7 that has F3 BIOS, i7 960 and also the has the eight 1600 dominator 6GB set. I will run, play games etc no issues. The second I switch to 1600 on the XMP profile, i am having this random freezes every time I do something while booting into windows seven sixty four bit. My USB power additionally cuts out on the freezes and that I can’t use the keyboard when a restart untills windows has rebooted. I am ninety nine positive temps are not the problem. Real Temp and HW Monitor each look sensible. If it's of any use, the error code i purchase on the motherboard debug LED is 'C0', that apparently is 'CPU standing flag check, CPU register check, and memory refresh test'

I would be completely over the moon if somebody might facilitate me fix this therefore I will run at 1600! Please excuse me for not having the ability to figure this out myself. i am rather new to any or all this and though I actually have place in several hours attempting to search out out what the problem is, i do not appear to be obtaining anywhere.

Thanks for the reply I had a go at putting the memory timings in manually, however I got another system freeze. Power to the keyboard and mouse simply stopped and system locked up, therefore I had to try to to a reset. i will ensure what I entered, however basically I set it therefore the multiplier on the memory was sixteen in order that gave me the 1600MHz , the timings even on auto appeared correct at nine,9,9,24. I manually set the voltage to one.35v though there did appear to be an entire heap of different voltage things, however I left of these at AUTO . It ran through Prime95 for regarding 10-15minutes, however then I got the system freeze. currently I've place it back to 'Load Failsafe Defaults' therefore every pack was an 8GB that is 2x4GB pack. I created positive I place sticks from a similar pack within the same colored DIM slots. Pretty bound they're on the compatibility table, however cans double check the Code is thanks any means

Hi. To be honest i am not even extremely attempting to over clock these systems nonetheless - simply get them stable. The CPU multiplier is thirty five and also the voltage is Auto that i believe is that the default. Not extremely positive what JEDEC suggests that, however I did see within the timings table The XMP listing is I presume what CPU-Z is reading from the dims. Are the Jedec settings tested setups?

I am assuming you had nine,9,9,24,34,2T and set to one.35V try this once more however bump the Voltage of Ram a notch or two when high as one.45v-1.5v and at 1333 consequent factor which will provide conflicts within the "Let's do this straightforward stuff 1st is nobody us using any USB3 toys disable USB3 in BIOS and delete the driving force package it'll default back to USB2 and can still be usable this has additionally given issues at the forum.

Look just like the xmp settings do not appear to figure alright. I actually have currently had any bother. I went in and manually modified the values and my RAM is functioning at the rated speed thanks.