Thread: GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 CPU socket damaged

GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 CPU socket damaged

I don’t know what ro do now but I was somehow mistakenly bend the few of pins on my CPU socket of GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 motherboard and braked it and now I have no idea is it what to do this is really very stupid of me how could I manage to do so is there any one here can tip me is it what approach should I take to repair this problem. Do I need to send thus mobo by the way this is brand new mobo that I bought a few time ago and is still under warranty but now it is void because of my this act and I really do not wish to bin a 5 month old £280 motherboard. So if someone can assist me on this to who I should contact and what to do,i would be extremely glad .Thanks in advance

Re: GIGABYTE Z68X-UD7-B3 CPU socket damaged

Hey did you try to contact your local vender from where you buy this motherboard he will certainly provide you the proper advice that what is to be done with the motherboard or I would suggest you should contact the Gigabyte probably they might repair and test it for you at a price perhaps cheaper than buying a fresh MB.

Yeah he I absolutely correct you should try to contact your local Gigabyte service center they will help you on this issue and if you don’t have any service center at your region then you all ways create a complaint on their official web page

Thanks for the reply guys I have placed the complaint with the gigabytes support I have just opened a support ticket, I believe that Gigabyte might be able to assist, and I really have no problem in paying for new socket or any kind of repair, it is really stupid of me to having this kind of unnecessary problem than once more for your exclusive recommendation

That okay it sometime happen that people mistakenly fall in to a trouble but I say you should take the positive out of this for the future and fi you have any problem they you know where you will get the solution