Thread: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 BIOS shows overheating

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 BIOS shows overheating

I don't know whether it is the cause of the motherboard and i thought that someone could help me out here. My system config as follows:
    • GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (F4 BIOS)
    • AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Processor
    • KingstonDDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 x2
    • Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB x2 (RAID 0)
    • ATI Radeon HD 5770
    • Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

This is a new computer but when i see into BIOS PC health i can notice slight overheating. The CPU temps goes up irregularly. Sometimes i need to shutdown. At first i have installed the stock processor but later we removed it. I don't know what more causing it. i have cleared the dust also but no difference. Help me?

Re: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 BIOS shows overheating

You'd have to install software on which you can see the temperature of your CPU, OCCT style, and you tell us whether the temperature is normal or not.

Just to see if it comes from the heating of your processor.

If the boards are attached with no space it will always the highest Thermal Throttling cutting frequencies for temp too high.

you have installed a software for monitoring temperatures of Motherboard?

If you did not do it, moment by moment and check the temperature of the processor because the symptoms are those of a critical shutdown of the system due to the fact that today the bios are calibrated to control the temperature of the processor and if the processor reaches a temperature that is critical for the bios that is careful to turn off the machine to prevent the processor from burning. Considering that this is a motherboard is already talk of higher temperatures than normal, but it remains a unpleasant situation.

There are many cases of people using Youtube or simply describing their experience of a forum confirm these problems and show how they have dealt with: Some heatsinks installing modified by hand, using other one next to 4 fans 'other at the card and so on. Unfortunately I do not have the means, knowledge, nor time to devote to such an undertaking, ergo I was wondering if you could work around the problem simply by software.

In fact in World of Warcraft the temperature of the motherboard rises gradually to 52c to finally reach a plateau and make me reboot the pc, but sometimes the only use Internet Explorer makes me reboot. In the BIOS, you can also see the temperature of the motherboard mounted for no particular reason.

The CPU fan is controlled well and preferably welded to the socket clean it because if you overheat protection for safety goes off the computer and also controls the 'power supply. For the processor temperature is too high should be about 70-80. 90 degrees worse than on the Shortcuts tab on the motherboard should be 60 degrees for the 'power supply controls with Everest Ultimate, or believe with HW Monitor the voltage of the various feeds and check if your power supply brand that has a brand above, if the voltages on the site are just the same. if not check the power supply.

This is a fairly common problem in PCs, especially in summer, although it is still sometimes also occur in winter with the use of excessive heating.

Becomes more dangerous in those cases in which he is the microprocessor overheats.

To begin I will say that you need to check many possibilities and hope not to miss, especially the most serious. It is necessary to look over the interior cleaning of the PC casing, the inlet and outlet air, the turbine blades and turbine and especially the sink of the microprocessor. Which should be withdrawn from the motherboard to be cleaned thoroughly. To remove them is necessary to read or consult the motherboard manual. If not available, see the official website of the factory. Taking advantage of the heat sink is removed, check the status of the thermal paste that lies between microprocessor and heat sink. If Intel's original will be necessary to remove it anyway to remove the heatsink is likely to break. But if it did not happen and note that is dry, brittle or old, you must replace it. This advise to use the thermal paste of silver oxide Titan brand, which is excellent broadcaster of heat. The old pasta can be removed with a cotton swab or cloth moistened with isopropyl alcohol, with which is always good to have for cleaning screens and PC monitors, CRT or LCD.

Programs such as Active Monitor, Desktop Monitor, Intel and others in the system used to monitor the temperatures of different parts of the PC with alarms. The most important point is the microprocessor control. It also takes into account other important points of the motherboard. This is done with temperature sensors located in different places that are clearly indicated in the respective manuals. The micro factory is included inside. These control programs are configured according to the model of motherboard with maximum temperature values provided by the factory, which of course differ from one model to another plate. Are consulted on the websites of manufacturers according to the model. But not only serve to control the temperature but also voltages, speed to which the turbine rotates the microprocessor, and so on.

There are not many companies that can diagnose and repair this type of failure, although we always recommend preventive maintenance, periodic reviews and taking good care of the motherboard, especially the fans.

Change the motherboard, not an economic solution is much better repair. Since each fault has a different repair parts and labor also different