Thread: BSOD when playing Steam games on AMD FX platform

BSOD when playing Steam games on AMD FX platform

There are several games which i would like to play and all of them are available on steam.
    • Portal 2
    • Total War: Shogun 2
    • Deus Ex

In order to play there is a problem. There is a bug in AMD FX platform but it is told that it can be fixed via BIOS update. But yet the solution didnt appear yet. does anyone know when we can get that update for AM3+ boards?

Re: BSOD when playing Steam games on AMD FX platform

Regarding the BSOD Bulldozer with Deus EX, as mentioned in several of the reviews that came out, stated that they had contacted AMD, and that the problem is solved with patches for the game.

I remember that also had problems and instabilities with their first changes, which were corrected later, and now I remember it was just the Asus where the largest icidian problems and incompatibilities ... I remember a user assembled a kilometer melodrama because the crosshair had some instability with the first bios for Phenom, blaming the error to the processor TLB bug and when it was known by all that this error only affected the load under heavy virtualization and not in everyday use.

I think that the problem is with the games and I think AMD is explained by the review of The Inquirer, but remember to mention the problem was in the game itself, and would be resolved with a patch for the game itself due out shortly. In other words, the problem is real, but it's not a defect in the cpu, but a software issue.

Bulldozer is a new architecture and I guess many users who decide for one, thought it prudent to wait a few weeks until the changes are fully tuned and worry-free. This situation has occurred many times in the industry, I lived with a northwood, who had to wait like 2 months before Epox put a bios that supports it fully, as it became the first Prescott, even with the 45nm Core 2 ... While the policy of maintaining backward socket and is good for the user, it is sometimes bad for the manufacturer of the CPU, because the manufacturers to update their bios motherboard is a process that is not in your control. And that determines n such situations.

I come to give my personal opinion on bulldozer, for me it is a failure of truth that brings an innovative idea, it is worth remembering that in the beginning of Intel's HT technology was similar inconveniences, therefore must be given time to polish this new cpu, amd mentioned as well bet on the multi-threaded, but now almost no software uses more than 4 wires so the raw power of this process is not utilized 100%, I think just came out too early bulldozer .

we must remember that AMD has pioneered much of the current technologies and in its time of release were not very popular as it was 64-bit architecture, or the change of philosophy more GHz = more performance Current philosophy more cores = more performance, then it is a matter of time.

In my case games installed correctly, but gave a program by the same company there is an entry for "All Programs". I've Now uninstalled the program and now is just too off the record. Problem now is that I've already uninstalled all the games because I want to reinstall Windows. And steam can also be run no more, here comes since the last blue screen crash, an error message. The AMD FX processors are again the first choice for overclockers and price-conscious users who still not a high performance processing want to miss. But if the overclocking is not in a porper way then this could be also lead to a problem.