Thread: Found a new release of bios update for gigabyte motherboard F9 Beta, is it worth doing?

Found a new release of bios update for gigabyte motherboard F9 Beta, is it worth doing?

Hi, few days back when I was reading on the web some content related to my gigabyte motherboard I found that there has been a new release which has come up for the bios it said F9 beta. Just wanted to know has anyone checked on this. Is it worth doing this update?

Re: Found a new release of bios update for gigabyte motherboard F9 Beta, is it worth doing?

I you see even the F8M is still in the beta stage as it is quite unstable. I mean they are trying to make it stable but still not sure will they be launching it or not because if f9 has come out that itself means that they have started a reprogramming of the bios as fixing the old one was very difficult. So they might have thought that its better to just make a new one rather than fixing the old F8M.

Re: Found a new release of bios update for gigabyte motherboard F9 Beta, is it worth doing?

What is the reason for updating the bios, if you are planning for overclocking and all can try out F9 beta as the reviews have been great until now.
    Other than that if it’s just that you are thinking to update it like do for all other software’s like antivirus and all I would ask you not to do it. The release is still not yet stable and might cause instability to your system. Its normally done when your current bios is creating a problem and needs a fix this is one way how it can be.

There is no problem in updating the bios to beta version it won’t create much problem and that too if it’s listed on the gigabytes site. They won’t allow an unstable release to lie on their site. There are chances it is not 100% stable but that’s fine it is at least for sure 90% as gigabyte is ok with giving it to the customers and definitely now this bios will have some new features in it which will definitely help in enhancing your working performance and once a 100% stable release is out you can remove this and update that one.