Thread: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 does not show post screen

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 does not show post screen

Just boughtt a new Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 with the old one. I have bought this board for the reason that it can hold most of the components from the older one.More they will offer option to upgrade. Afte swappling all the components from the old motherboard to this new one i tried to power up the computer but it didnt show me the post screen. No matter what config i choose and whatever you do, it always the same. Any solutions?
    • Gigabyte GA-M68SM-SL2
    • AMD Phenom X4 9650 processor
    • 2 x 2GB DDR2 unbuffered SDRAM - 800MHZ
    • nVIDIA 8600GT 512MB GPU
    • OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    • 650w PSU

Re: Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 does not show post screen

I can hardly believe it's only because new. The only thing that perhaps could be useful to know that there is a BIOS update should be done before the processor supports. I do not mean that the motherboard is broken but that's a faulty motherboard with manufacturing defects, so that when producing an error that they have overlooked. Well you would have to get into the BIOS without RAM but as far as I know you will not get much further because you need RAM for Windows and similar applications.

Well, Award is probably a problem with the documentation. And Gigabyte is not better. The manual is probably nothing? You say, the BIOS also reports overclocking error? Have you ever done a BIOS update? A CMOS reset might help. May also help a BIOS update. You can check in the BIOS or using HWMonitor tensions?

In my view there could be two things. The bios has a quirk and allow the board. Second option because it happened who it comes from sleep mode, I could also imagine that it is the power supply.

My computer is only a few weeks old, but tinkered together yourself. Until a few days ago the system was running smoothly, but now it happens more often that I want to turn it on and just (almost) nothing happens. The blue light on the power switch off, the DVD drive and also runs on the CPU fan is audible. However, no beep is (as usual at the start) and the monitor receives no signal. If I then press the reset button, the computer starts normally and everything is fine. I really have no idea which such a problem could be caused and hope that someone finds itself here in the forum with a lot of experience who could at least make a recommendation about where and how to best to start with the troubleshooting.

You say you've never overclocked, meaning that the Rams are set to "Auto"? Or did you set the ram to 1600? I ask this because the motherboard does not automatically set in 1600, set up in 1066 or 1333, you must set them by hand to 1600. If you are in "Auto" there should be no problem, since in this case, the Rams would work at lower frequencies as possible.