Thread: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 System hangs after booting windows 7; need to reset to make it work properly.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 System hangs after booting windows 7; need to reset to make it work properly.

Hi I m been using this system since long time almost around a year but god knows why this thing started now. I had a similar problem when it actually brought it but the problem didn’t last that long so I was a bit relaxed but now it started again and as this problem is not permanent I don’t even know what to replace because the problem is not understandable as in which part is faulty. When I start the comp it just starts all the initial screen goes properly everything works well but after the windows starts it freezes no matter at which part sometime at the windows loading screen, sometimes at the welcome and sometime after working for few minutes. The only option after that I have is to restart the pc through the reset button but after that there is no problem at all it works completely fine .So guy if anyone has a solution to it please help.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 System hangs after booting windows 7; need to reset to make it work properly.

Well if it is after the windows starts loading it could be because of the hard drive try and do a scandisk most probably there might be bad sectors in your hard drive which are increasing day by day but before I could suggest you to replace the hard drive try scanning it if the problem reduces then change it or if under warranty can visit the service centre and they will do the needful.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 System hangs after booting windows 7; need to reset to make it work properly.

I face a same problem but that was because of the power to my hard drive. I was been asked to replace my power supply but I saw an empty node in my system and tried that and my work was done as it was a problem of poor connectivity of the power connector. So my problem was resolved because of it but you can try and check the same and also check your power supply as it might also be the problem.

Even I had a connectivity problem but that was because of the SATA cable as I was using an older cable which I got it with my old hard drive. So I just changed the cable and also the port on which it was connected and it was done.

Try reinstalling windows once because it’s not necessary that the problem is always because of hardware. Yes most of the time when you check it will show hardware problem but that is not the case.
    As if the drivers are not loaded properly it will surely show. So just try and reinstall windows once.

I tried doing most of the stuff but the problem still exist I changed almost all the cables but before I could reinstall windows I wanted a proper tool by which I can check that it is surely a problem with the windows.

Well there is no proper tool or a way how you could check whether it is only a problem of your windows or not but yes you can try working on another O.S. for a while as you said the max time it works before freezing is few minutes so what you could do is download ubuntu you will get a live cd. You can refer to its website for how o start it. And try working from it in the same situation. In this case you won’t have your hard drive working nor windows. So it is a problem with your hard drive it will give you error message in ubuntu if it doesn’t gives it is a problem with yours windows.