Thread: New Corsair Vengeance 16GB not recognized properly in my new gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3.

New Corsair Vengeance 16GB not recognized properly in my new gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3.

I did buy a new set of corsair ram and also the shop person said that it will support my gigabyte motherboard. So now the problem is when I install it the first channel the system won’t start the other pair is working properly. I have installed a new power supply of 650w just thought that there might be a problem with the power so got one. I have an i5 processor with 2 hard drives 500 GB and 1 TB SATA II installed. Please suggest me what should I do.

Re: New Corsair Vengeance 16GB not recognized properly in my new gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    I did buy a new set of corsair ram and also the shop person said that it will support my gigabyte motherboard. So now the problem is when I install it the first channel the system won’t start the other pair is working properly. I have installed a new power supply of 650w just thought that there might be a problem with the power so got one. I have an i5 processor with 2 hard drives 500 GB and 1 TB SATA II installed. Please suggest me what should I do.
    It’s so simple it’s a problem with the ram so you need so check the ram for the same. Install first two see if it runs for few hours properly if it does install the other two. If either of the pair gives a problem install rams of that pair one by one and then check the same in the slots in which rams are working. If there is a problem with the ram you will get to know that and replace them and ask the corsair to replace it for you.

Re: New Corsair Vengeance 16GB not recognized properly in my new gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3.

I tried out all those steps my all the rams are working properly I tried out in pairs as well as singles but still it works only in channel B not the first one please let me know if there is a perfect solution.

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    I tried out all those steps my all the rams are working properly I tried out in pairs as well as singles but still it works only in channel B not the first one please let me know if there is a perfect solution.
    What you did was only check. Most of the time this does not creates a problem at time this test are most of the time successful. The problem occurs when you try to run it in full power. So I would suggest you to install one single ram and download some memory testing tool and try testing it with that it will do a thorough testing right from 1 bit till the end of the capacity of your ram. That is where you will get to know what the problem is it exactly.

I tried that too but nothing happen I mean I didn’t get any error as such in fact I almost wasted my day behind doing this and nothing came out.

Dude I m telling you this checking thing seriously won’t work just go and replace the rams they are surely defective at time initially you don’t get to know what the problem is later on within few days the problem will become big and the same software will detect problem and then after that you will surely have to change them so it’s better to do it now as its only few days so I think even the shop person you took it from will replace it for you.

There is very rare case that after checking for so long rams are still defective these are not mechanical parts that after few days it will become ok or give problem. Its an electronic part things here are specific either yes or no but still if you think so can try and do it.

Dear but if it’s a problem with the ram anyways why are they not working on other channel of his because the main problem is that the other two ram slots are not accepting the ram so what I feel is rather than checking ram which actually makes no sense it’s better to check the motherboard.

Yes I did check the motherboard. I not very sure about this but I do see some problem in the slot of channel A. what I see is there are slight pins bent in there but I took a motherboard which wich sealed pack so how is it possible and if it is because of that what I should do.

Try going to the person from whom did you buy the board and show him the problem most probably they will replace it for you if they don’t then you might have to contact gigabyte for the same. Search for a service centre visit them and say them that rams are not recognized in those slots. Do not mention that pins are bent there are chances that they might consider it as a physical damage.

I have the exact same problem on this MB and it is not the RAM ... repeat ALL 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM work perfectly and pass all stress tests singly and in combination when used in Channel B.

As soon as I put anything in Channel A -- even a single stick all by itself -- the box just turns on and off repeatedly -- doing the exact same thing it would do if no ram is installed.

I have no bent pins and have seen this same problem with this board and this RAM reported elsewhere (with no solution,noted sadly) so I doubt it's a manufacturing defect ... my thought is maybe something in BIOS is disabling Channel A.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, opened a Gigabyte support ticket, but no response in week one.

The thing is I could RMA to board to Newegg, it is withing the warranty period, but it seems I'd have the same problem and I don't think Newegg will refund the money and let me use it to buy a different board, I think on defective MBs the policy is direct exchange only. Our I could buy 16GB of new ram and hope that something other than Corsair would work, but that's an awfully expensive solution that I can't afford.

So again, any thoughts on what the problem could be would be appreciated.

Thanks

ekb606,

Did you try flashing the bios of your gigabyte motherboard to the latest? The info on the BIOS often doesn't tell the whole story and so I would be inclined to use QFlash to update the BIOS version to F10 now. Make sure that you disable the Keep DMI Data on the homepage when you are doing the update.

Thanks but no go ... as a side question does anyone have one of these boards running all four slots with any kind of RAM?

I hate to throw away money, but given that I have liquid cooling, a lot of HDDs and a few non-mainstream expansion cards that are tricky to set up I might be inclined to avoid the rebuilding horror and wait for a blowout sale and get new RAM if there was a reason to believe it would place nicely with the board.

One the other hand, thinking back on all the claims Gigabyte makes for this board -- everything from super-rugged construction and cooling to a OCI-3 to a bundled app to steam clean your teeth -- I'm inclined to think this might be one of those products where if it claims to work miracles it's a miracle if it works.