Thread: after installing seagate momentus xt firmware SD-28, beachballing is not working on Apple Macbook Pro.

after installing seagate momentus xt firmware SD-28, beachballing is not working on Apple Macbook Pro.

i have installed the seagate momentus xt firmware SD-28 and after this installation i start getting the problem with that. and in my case, the problem is that I still get beachballing lock-ups every few days , and when this problem occurs at that time i have to put the computer to sleep, which takes a few minutes when it's beachballing. what can i do now for resolving the problem??? if here anyone have the problem about this then please reply me back for this.

Re: after installing seagate momentus xt firmware SD-28, beachballing is not working on Apple Macbook Pro.

Ok for that can you please tell here back that what is the firmware when you get in the initially???

Re: after installing seagate momentus xt firmware SD-28, beachballing is not working on Apple Macbook Pro.

OK, but here i am not sure i hvae gone through so many firmware updates I lost count. One of the very first ones though, for sure, as I bought the drive about half a month after its initial release.

hey dude, tell me back are you running Lion? What version of Macos you have?Lion is know to have issues like you describe, then it is not the HDD but macos?? What macbook do you use?

YEs , i ahve also tried with the using the WiseDrive, plugged and unplugged the drive several times over the year, never helped, i am having model is the late 2008 Macbook Pro MacBookPro5,1 is the string for the model. after trying with the all the suggestion i bit the bullet and bought a newer Momentus XT, same model but built this year, but now i am not gettting \ here that Can I still get a replacement for the first one I bought under warranty?? if yes then please reply me back about this.

can you here reply me back about the model number or about the year it was released?? if yes then reply me back about that, i will try to help you with that.

i think that the macbook pro 5,1 has it's own issues with SATA2 speeds, not sure about this but in your case,it soumds like that only. before few years i was also having the same problem and for resolving the problem i tried with the so many suggestion but stil i didnt get the suggestion about this. and now i bought a new SATA cable, now i am getting that all thinsg are working very fine, try with doing the same things i am sure that this will also help in your case.

YEs, if you are having this type of the problem then for that you will need to downgrade your MacBook Pro EFI Firmware to 1.6, if you are not going tpo do that then i am sure that you will continue to get the problem. i am telling this things because you are having slower data rate transfers of 1.5Gbs vs the 3Gbs with 1.7, i am very sure here that you will not get the problem over here this is because hen I did this on XT firmware SD25 and haven't had any issues since.

Hey Leanne thanks for telling me about this. i tried with that, but still get the same problem that beachballing is not working on Apple Macbook Pro. what can i do now?? can i try with contacting with the tech support for resolvign the problem?? please reply me back if here anyone else is having other suggestion then please reply me back.