Thread: No signal after installing ATI 5770 on a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

No signal after installing ATI 5770 on a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

I am using computer with the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard and first I was using Nvidia 8700 GT graphic card and I have recently upgrade installed new ATI 5770 graphic card and after installing the new graphic card in my computer when I start the machine at that time I didn’t get signal on my monitor. Now please tell me how to solve this issue?

Re: No signal after installing ATI 5770 on a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard

You should first remove the ATI 5770 graphic card from your computer and after removing the ATI 5770 graphic card from your computer you have to connect the graphic card with your computer again and after connecting the graphic card again with your computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

If after reseating the graphic card in your computer also if you are facing the same problem then you should try to solve this problem by updating the BIOS and after updating the BIOS you have to check whether you are able to use the computer properly or not. you have to first download the BIOS update file for your Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard from the Gigabyte official site and after that you have to update the BIOS in your computer and then you have to connect your ATI 5770 graphic card again with your computer and then you have to check whether monitor is getting signal or not. if you are facing the same problem after that also then I think problem is with the graphic card or motherboard.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

I am also agree with the above solution because most of the time this type of issues occurs because of the BIOS. If you are using the old version of the BIOS in your computer then you have to update the BIOS and after updating the BIOS your system will recognize the ATI 5770 graphic card properly. I think you should try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If above solution does not help you to fix this problem then you should first remove your ATI 5770 graphic card from your computer and after removing the ATI 5770 graphic card you have to connect the graphic card with different computer and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you are not facing problem after connecting the ATI 5770 graphic card with different machine then problem is with motherboard and if you get the same problem then problem is with your ATI 5770 graphic card

I hope this information will help you to solve this issue.

When I connect the graphic card with the other computer at that time I graphic card worked properly and after that I have update the BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS in my computer also same problem was occurring, I have also tried to fix this issue by reseating the graphic card properly.

Is there any way to work around this problem? any help will be appreciated.

If doing the BIOS update does not help you to solve this problem then I think you are facing this problem because of the power supplying unit in your computer. many times if power supply does not supply the energy properly at that time also this type problem can take place. You should connect any other power supplying unit in your computer and after that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. if you are still facing the same problem after that then problem is with the motherboard and if computer works fine with the different PSU then problem is with your power supplying unit.

I was also experiencing the same problem with my computer and I first thought that problem is with the motherboard and I have tried to solve this problem by trying various solution and after trying various solution also I was not able to fix this issue.

Thank you for helping me.after referring your post I have bought new PSU and now everything started working like a charm. Now I am not facing problem with my computer and graphic card. I really appreciate your information and all the solution and help.