Thread: MSI G31TM-P21 and dual slot video cards

MSI G31TM-P21 and dual slot video cards

Hello everyone! I have MSI G31TM-P21 board and I have double space video card. The film card doesn't fit my new board resulting from the fact that the heatsink contacts the first PCI port before it can go it the PCIe port. This video card is not a reference hd4870 so I feel a distinct desire to know if the issue is with this card explicitly or with all double space results, can any individual affirm utilizing a double opening video card on this board?

Re: MSI G31TM-P21 and dual slot video cards

All double slot video cards will blanket the width of two slots. Unless you have a MB where the slots are several space widths separated, you will lose the opening actually beneath your PCIE opening. The double opening card is not the situation. Any dual slots card will cover that second PCI opening. I don't accept you will spot a lone space heightened close movie card. The cooling necessities are such that the heatsink and fan get together cannot be crushed to just take up one opening width. I surmise the card physically touches the PCI opening with the heatsink along these lines not letting it go in the PCIe opening.

It is absolutely odd, as there is a PCI and PCIE opening standard observing the stature of the proposed slots above the board. I could probably collect that your VGA card maker posits that receivable to it being a double opening card, that the user getting this card will have slots that are double width separated. Prescribe you contact them to affirm that. Then its your call to either update the VGA card or to update the MB.

The extent that I am concerned the situation is not receivable to the finish of the section is a little bowed and not decently fitting into the little space for it in the rear of the case.