Thread: MSI 990fxa-gd65 failed with ps/2 keyboard and mouse

MSI 990fxa-gd65 failed with ps/2 keyboard and mouse

I have a situation with MSI 990fxa-gd65. I purchased a few y-splitter cables, to unite keyboard & mouse. With to begin with, keyboard works, but when I unite mouse, than I see situations with keyboard and with second one not keyboard or mouse work. Is there a key to this situation? Note that OS is Windows 7.

Re: MSI 990fxa-gd65 failed with ps/2 keyboard and mouse

Since the two cables that you have both carry on differently, then I would suspect that the cables are not up to the mark, either bad production or a bad batch. I could take the cables back to the place of buy and have them traded. Take your keyboard and mouse in for the purpose that they can test them.

With a single PS2 port, that denotes a keyboard or mouse, else the manual and determinations could have perused, one PS2 port for mouse and one PS2 port for Keyboard. Since the Y-adapter makes a point not to work, which it plainly doesn't as is clear with varying conduct from a few of those cables that you have, then after that either utilize a USB keyboard or a USB mouse. The last without a doubt being the cheaper alternative. Not significantly more we are able to declare on the matter.

I attempted that too with Inland USB to ps2 adapter, but not my mouse or keyboard are distinguished. System is updated to V19.3 bios, and I have Logitech mouse.

Yes, mouse is working but just when associated to PS2 adapter. In the event that I interface both keyboard and mouse through USB, then not mouse or keyboard works. Adapter is Manhattan USB 1.1 USB 1.1 to PS/2 for Keyboard and Mouse Y-Adaptor.

PS2 is not in any way plug. Some work probably, but you might begin by powering off fully, unplug capacity link and empty system of all. Then unplug PS2, and connect it back to again. Power on again following then comes the Windows. Cheerfully above will have revised things, but if not you drop in SafeMode and DeviceManager. Have a look under Keyboard, USB and Mouse. Uproot all that is not correct. Restart. The keyboard is not identified by BIOS to any detectable degree in that scenario, and mouse doesn't work either. Same happens later in windows. I don't have a control over system anymore. So wouldn't it be great if we could rehash the situation: when I associate both mouse and keyboard over USB, then both don't work. Thus, the situation is not that PS2 doesn't work (PS2 associated mouse or keyboard work fine), but the USB joined keyboard and mouse at the same time.

USB to PS2 adapter doesn't work. It could assist assuming that I knew that in development. Then again yes, I have local PS2 keyboard and mouse. I will attempt with unexpected adapter soon.