Thread: PC using MSI 990FXA-GD65 motherboard will not turn on

PC using MSI 990FXA-GD65 motherboard will not turn on

After configuring this motherboard on my computer, the system will not turn on at all. I don't recognize what I am doing incorrect. I am pretty fresh at this. I believe I might be messing up with the JFP1, as well as JFP2 connectors. My below are my installations on motherboard.
    • CPU: AMD 1090T
    • RAM: 5GB of DDR3.
    • Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 570
    • PSU: Ultra 750 Watt
    • HDD: 500 GB SATA

Re: PC using MSI 990FXA-GD65 motherboard will not turn on

You should find connectors CLR_CMOS written next to your motherboard, but good or bad are identical to all! To make the clr_cmos jumper just to get up and move to the right so as to make only the first PIN rimenere discovered and the other 2 with the jumper from the power supply. After that disconnects the Aspects 1 minute and reconnect the jumper to its original state. If it does not mean that you have burned some component. The clear CMOS is not 'more than 100% reset the settings on the motherboard!

Dear friend, your problem is changed, I tell you when a PC turns on and after a while off may be several problems among which is the source of power, another would be the memory, the other the heat sink is too dirty and the processor turns off to the more usual serial to protect oneself a virus in the boot sector that locks the PC when you start.

Open your source and see if your capacitors are good?, If once they begin to inflate, it is likely that a source necesites you greater capabilities, I believe that is the source of power, if you have many units, start your computer only with the hard drive, and may not cause problems.

I do not think they are memories, not initiate, or trademark of memory errors, that is feeding.

I am having the same problem. I tried everything, and for now only works well when the sack the cabinet and joins her apart. So I think the problem may also be one of the reset and power buttons, or failing any outlet. Check all that.

Most likely it is a short circuit somewhere, in fact the power supplies have a security system that makes them turn on the detection of a short circuit, this explains the fact that the fan turns off and after a while. If you followed the advice of someone and you tried to turn on your PC without any device attached and you have not noticed changes mean that the short is located on the motherboard, try to take her to a technician but my advice is to replace it.

You should remove everything and leave only motherboard with the basics, i.e. Ram module, graphics and processor, remove all drives (including hard drives). If your motherboard has integrated graphics and AGP removes the integrated test

It is important to check either the motherboard to see if you have a blown capacitor or swollen (are the components that seem batteries), unfortunately if it is a short on the motherboard cannot see at a glance

You should check if the pc starts the first screen to enter the BIOS (Setup)