Thread: MSI 760GM-P33 BIOS does not detect SATA HDD

MSI 760GM-P33 BIOS does not detect SATA HDD

My SATA HDD does not detect in my PC. While i started my computer it said to choose the boot device and after that reboot. But while I checked the BIOS I saw that there was neither SATA HDD nor whichever DVD writer noticeable. Initially I thought my HDD got fried but I was wrong. It was working perfectly. I have also tried the new SATA cables; at rest the problem was there.

It is MSI 760G-P33 (AM3 socket).

Re: MSI 760GM-P33 BIOS does not detect SATA HDD

Your motherboard has a different SATA ports.
    • SATA3 SATA4 and are connected via a VT6420,
    • SATA1 and SATA2 are connected via a VT8237.

You have two entries in the BIOS for SATA controller in "Integrated Peripheral". Once the "Internal SATA controller" and later "External SATA controller." The SATA ports 1 and 2 are those that are referred to as "integrated" because the VT8237, which somehow is not clear at the appropriate location in the manual, the South Bridge itself. The other two ports are logically connected to the VT6420, a pure extra controller chip, which only provides SATA and IDE (external).

Make sure that your new hard drive to SATA 1 or SATA 2 is connected and "Internal SATA Controller" is enabled. If the plate or on SATA3 SATA4 depends, must the "external SATA controller" to be enabled. Then you've got the boat but may still go into the BIOS and set the record there, as this scrap onboard controller as a RAID controller outputs.

If Windows does not detect all SATA chips, so when you install Windows on some motherboards you need to have drivers on a floppy in the case of Windows XP or on a flash drive in Windows Vista / 7. Even to me past that XP can detect the hard drive, create the partition and cannot be installed because of the SATA DVD drive.

May be cases where you cannot access the SATA from the BIOS SETUP PC and the controller is on the board but is independent, it is actually like an add-in card.

When the first chipset SATA many times not brought and used to put a chip that was on a PCI data line and access to the BIOS was a different key than the normal BIOS SETUP.

After plates are currently supported SATA chipsets but obviously do not support RAID for example, and to offer that feature the manufacturer mounts an additional controller is a PCI or PCIe line if supported, in that case go with the SATA chipset usually a different color to the RAID as the case may be configured with a BIOS that also own. You can use them as normal SATA, no one forces you to make a RAID.

The first option would be to download the msi page l the sata drivers for floppy and when you start to generate some files on the blue bone on the bottom says that if you install a drive or something then FSS is to start looking for drivers on the floppy, you have to be inserted obiamente before or option # 2 have a windows disk with integrated SATA controllers.

You have to see if the jumpers are back in good shape ... try to check if it is SATA, the jumpers are not made to run it at 3GB/s if you try and switch on the primary IDE master or slave, as long as you do not appear in the bios.

I know that when you reinstall Windows fairly early on is the question about SATA drivers. But this also means that up to this point may be no hard drive needed. I do not understand where it stores the driver then, as the hard disk so only works if the controller is installed. The controller cannot yet be installed, if the disk does not work.

I bought 6 pieces of this mb model, half of them can not detect SATA after 1-3 month usage and have to replace with a new one. It have factory defect on SATA chipset. Do not waste time to fix the problem, just return it and replace with a new one.