Thread: BIOS not getting updated with the MSI live update

BIOS not getting updated with the MSI live update

I am getting an error 404 when I try updating my BIOS of my MSI 760GM-E51 with the msi live update. Now I want to know it from you all as if there is any other method by which I would be able to manually update it, please do comment something on the same I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same that’s what I am saying here.

Re: BIOS not getting updated with the MSI live update

It depends on what usb flasher you are using for the installation purpose and all if you are using a genuine product like MSI usb flasher. Do note that you should be suing a proper usb flasher while going with the installation and once you got the msi usb flasher then do follow all the steps that you had carried out earlier that’s what I am saying here. I just want to know with which BIOS version would are you trying to update? That’s what I want to know.

So hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.

Ok that was a proper solution that you have given here, so thanks a lot for conforming me that however I am going with the 3.10 version of the BIOS, I did not understand why did you ask this question?

If you want to go with that version then let me tell you that 3.10 is not for your mainboard. It is only recommended only for the 760GM-E51 (FX) model. The board that you are using currently that is MSI 760GM-E51 has the capacity of holding the 1024KB files, while the one that you want to download the latest version is the v3.1 release and that has the capacity of 2048kb in size. So that’s what I want to say here, I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s what I want to say here. so do have a good look at the same.

When you are looking for the Live Update then it is very bad for your board make sure that you get rid of it that’s what I am saying here. so hope this was useful for you that’s it from my side.

I don’t understand in what ways it is a problem, it would have been better if you could give me a detailed explanation about the same. so that’s what I am saying here, anyways need your help on the same waiting for the necessary help from you all. Do reply accordingly on the same.

See flashing and that too in the windows environment is a very risky process. In case if any issue erupts then you might end up fubard your board, now with the help of the usb flasher what I am saying is that you would be able to download the latest BIOS. Infact it has a lot of security measures in it and hence all these features cannot be found in the Live update. So that’s why it is always preferred to go with the usb flash which is found in the MSI and not with the Live update, that’s what I am saying here, so hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s what I want to say here.

Ok thanks for letting me know about the same, I was not aware of that today only I will be going with the usb flasher for the bios update thanks guys for notifying me about the same well appreciated.