Thread: Unable to update BIOS of MSI P67A-GD53

Unable to update BIOS of MSI P67A-GD53

I am experiencing a lot of freezing issues in my system and hence I thought of doing a proper check with my system. I thought may be motherboard is at fault today so I thought of going with the bios update since I realized that my bios has gone outdated . I was having the BIOS version and I assume the latest version is the 1.E but on updating it is saying that I am having the latest version. Also when I am trying to update the 1.E update from the MSI’s website it says this file is not compatible with my version of Windows 7.

Now you only tell me what to do In the situation like these waiting for the help from you all on the same so do reply accordingly over here waiting for the help.

Re: Unable to update BIOS of MSI P67A-GD53

Why don’t you brick your board and try to flash it in windows. I am sure that is the ideal thing that you should be doing I am quite sure that it will work out with you that’s what I am saying here. Also download the driver from the MSI website and then install it manually that would be the best ideal option that you should be working out.

So do work on the said solution from my side and I am sure that it will work out for you that’s what I am saying here. so that’s it from my side for you.

Just tell me if I need to update the BIOS or not that’s what I need to know from you, that’s what I am saying here, so do have a look at the said problem. Since the MSI websites clearly mentions that my system is updated, so do I need to update it accordingly need your help on the same waiting for the help from you all on this.

Use the HQ USB flashing tool and run it. Start with the creating of the DOS startup disk, that’s what you should be doing I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s what you should be doing that’s it from my side for you all. The latest version of the BIOS is 1.14 and that is you should get it in your system. So try with the above given methods and I am sure that it will work out for you, that’s what I am saying here, so that’s it from my side for you.

Even I was experiencing the same issue some months ago and all I did was a bios update with the latest version. i.e. obvious 1.E. now after the update yes I did observe that the performance was quite good much better than before and hence what I want to say is that still I was experiencing some lag issues. So all I did was went ahead and got the motherboard replaced from the msi itself and now after the replacement the system is smooth as ever. So a small advise even after the update if you are experiencing such kind of issues then I would say that go and replace the mother voard that would be a much better option for you that’s what I want to say here.

Yes whenever there is a system lag it appears that there should be some problem with the RAM, SSD's, card readers, all these components should be thoroughly checked before carrying on with the update. So hope this small suggestion from my side does help you.

Do have a chat with the MSI support staff about the said issue and I am sure you will get some way out of the problem, so that’s what you should be doing over here. So that’s what I want to say here. They will be having some idea about the same and hence you can also tell them to get it replaced.

Thanks a lot for all the support guys yes I am done with the update and surprisingly it has worked well for me so all the credit goes to you all guys for helping me with the said issue so thanks a ton fr the same.

The flashing process did help me a lot. So thanks a lot guys.